PanaVise 396 Wide Opening Head PanaVise
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- Working on Larger Objects?
- Jaws Open Up to 6"
- Designed for Larger, Heavier Objects
- Reversible Neoprene Jaw Pads
- Single Knob Head Adjustments
- Base Accepts All 300 Series Heads
The Work Holding Tool with EXPANDED Capabilities!
The PanaVise 396 wide-opening work-holding tool is a general work-holding tool bundle designed for holding larger, heavier objects. The 396 features a head that opens up to 6", and features removable neoprene jaw pads, and the PanaVise 300 standard base. The PanaVise 300 standard baseis compatible with additional tool and vise head options, and features PanaVise "split-ball" functionality which utilizes single-knob controls for head movement through three separate planes (tilt, turn and rotate).
The General Work-holding Tool for Larger Objects
The PanaVise 396 wide opening head work-holding tool is made up of two PanaVise components: the 366 wide opening vise head and the 300 standard base. The 366 vise head is 11" (279.4 mm) in length and opens up to 6" (152.4 mm) with neoprene pads attached (6-1/4" (158.8 mm) with pads off). The body of the head above the stem has a black oxide coating to reduce glare from overhead work lights. The included 1-7/8" neoprene jaw pads are reversible and removable. One side of the pads contains multiple grooves designed for flat surfaces, while the other has a wide 'V' groove to hold round objects. The PanaVise 300 standard base includes a 3-3/4" (95.2 mm) tall stand with a 4-5/16" (109.5 mm) footprint, and weighs 1.4 lb. (0.6 kg). To secure the entire unit to a work bench or an optional base mount, the 396 features a bolt circle at the bottom edge of the base, which is countersunk for three 1/4" flathead screws.
Tilt, Turn and Rotate Functionality
The PanaVise PanaVise 396 wide opening head work-holding tool utilizes PanaVise single-knob "split-ball" functionality at the point of contact between its base and vise head attachment. Once an item is secured within the head, the split-ball system allows maneuvering along three separate planes. The mobility range of the model 396's split-ball system is a 90-degree tilt to the side, along with either an angled rotation, or a level turn range of 360 degrees. This mobility range allows a user to rearrange a work item into any position, eliminating the need to adjust the overall position of the work station.
Additional Head Options
Although the PanaVise 396 work-holding tool is primarily intended for use with the included 366 wide opening vise head attachment, it is also compatible with a range of other vise head accessories. Its base works with all PanaVise 300 series vise heads, as well as the PV Jr. model 203 head, or any other tool with a 5/8" diameter shaft.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
All PanaVise products are warranted against defective materials and/or workmanship to all original consumer owners from the date of original consumer purchase for the lifetime of ownership by the original consumer owner. In the event of defective materials and/or workmanship, PanaVise Products, Inc. will, without charge, repair or replace, at its option, the defective product within 60-days from the receipt of the defective product. The Warranty does not apply to damage not resulting from defective materials and/or workmanship while in the possession of the original consumer or to unreasonable use by the original consumer, which includes but is not limited to improper installation, or failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance.
- The jaws on this vise open a generous 6-Inch. Wide opening jaws open to 6-Inch (152.4mm) and close to zero
- Ribbed, neoprene jaw pads are 1.875 (47.6mm) high x 1.5 (38.1mm) wide and provide a sure grip to hold and insulate PC boards and other larger objects; reverse the pads and the wide V holds delicate cylindrical objects
- Base accepts all 300 series Heads and any 5/8 (15.9mm) diameter shaft
- Base features 4.3125 (109.5mm) bolt circle countersunk for three 1/4 (6.3mm) flathead screws (not included). Height: 7.3125 (185.7mm), Weight: 3.0 lbs. (1.4kg)
- Limited Lifetime Warranty!
- Wide gripping head with the full tilt, turn and rotatation capabilities of the PanaVise split ball
- Jaws open to 6" (152.4mm) to accommodate most PC boards in its molded, deep-ribbed neoprene jaw pads
- When pads are reversed, the wide "V" can be used for securing delicate items, such as tuners, coils, motor armatures, etc
- Height: 7-5/16" (185.7 mm)
- Weight: 3 lbs. (1.4 kg)
- 3-plane adjustability
- Rotation: 360 degrees
- Turn: 360 degrees
- Tilt: 90 degrees
- 366 Wide Opening Vise Head
- Height: 5-1/8" (130.2 mm)
- Weight: 1.6 lb. (0.7 kg)
- Head length: 11" (279.4 mm)
- Post/Stem diameter: 5/8" (15.9 mm)
- Jaw range
- 0" to 6" (152.4 mm) - pads on
- 0" to 6-1/4" (158.8 mm) - pads off
- Jaw pads: Neoprene; removable; 1-7/8" (47.6 mm) high x 1-1/2" (38.1 mm) wide
- 300 Standard Base
- Height: 3-3/4" (95.2 mm)
- Weight: 1.4 lb. (0.6 kg)
- Diameter: 4-5/16" (109.5 mm)
- Shaft diameter accepted: 5/8" (15.9 mm)
- Bolt circle countersunk for three 1/4" flathead screws
- What's in the Box?
- PanaVise 366 wide opening vise head
- PanaVise 300 standard base
- Two 346 deluxe neoprene jaw pads
- User's manual and warranty information