- Featured Item!
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- 1" Gold-Evaporated Capsule
- Cardioid Polar Patterns
- Built-In Pop Filter
- Transformer-Less Circuitry
- Use for Vocals, Acoustic Guitar & More
Cardioid Condenser Microphone
The Aston Origin is a high-performance cardioid condenser microphone utilising a one inch (1") gold evaporated capsule. It is versatile enough to use with most instruments and excels on acoustic guitar and vocals. Its hand-selected capsule is teamed with high-end transformer-less circuitry using only the best components.
The Origin is designed to deliver direct, smooth and intimate sound for a natural and transparent recording.
Wave-Form Mesh Head
The Aston Origin has our signature wave-form mesh head. This unique design not only looks great, but delivers an unprecedented degree of protection for the heart of your microphone, the capsule. The shock resistant wave-form design allows the head of the mic to distort if given a heavy knock, and then return to its normal position, without any damage at all. It also offers a degree of off-axis rejection, helping to eliminate unwanted artefacts from your recordings.
Built In Pop Filter
Aston's vocal condenser microphones have an exclusive mesh-knit pop filter built into the wave-form head. The random weave allows sound to pass while virtually eliminating unwanted plosives at source. It also shields against multiple wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation making our microphones ideal in critically sensitive electronic applications. This completely encapsulating, single piece, mesh cage is formed in stainless steel, so won't rust with use, and can even be removed and washed.
Yet another unique design element of the Aston Origin, is the use of custom moulded end caps with integrated XLR and stand adaptor. No other mic has this. Because the internal shock absorption system is so good, you can mount the microphone directly to a stand via this built in, and interchangeable thread adapter. The design also makes Aston microphones extremely easy to repair and maintain.
Part of the beauty of our microphones is the custom finish of each chassis. There are no mass-produced paint job finishes here instead, each chassis is individually tumbled for up to 4 hours to give it a very hard-wearing, and extremely beautiful, finish. To perfect the look, each microphone is separately engraved with its legends, and our brand mantra 'The art of performance'
Superbly balanced mix of discrete and integrated electronic circuitry.
Harmonized circuit stage arrangement for easy integration from phantom power input circuitry to capsule voltage bias.
A novel non-linear voltage/current source rectification to provide controlled amplification and smooth/ clear audio.
We have put our hearts and minds into creating the most beautiful performance pieces possible with each Aston product. When it comes to packaging we believe simplicity is king. Protective, re-useable, environmentally sensible packaging that doesn't cost the earth.
- Custom-molded end caps with integrated XLR and stand adapter
- Harmonized circuit-stage arrangement for easy integration from phantom-power input circuitry to capsule voltage bias
- Non-linear voltage/current-source rectification to provide controlled amplification and smooth/clear audio
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Acoustic Operating Principle: Pressure Gradient
- Directional Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz (+/-3dB)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 18dB A-Weighted
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kohm: 23.7mV/Pa
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%: 127dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (rel. 94dB SPL): 76dB A-Weighted
- Pad Switch: -10dB
- Low-Cut Filter: 80Hz
- 48 Volt Phantom power (+/- 4 Volts) is required for operation
- Aston Microphones Stealth Active Dynamic Microphone (Exclusive Desktop Bundle)Special Price $479.99 Price $566.91 Instant Savings $86.92