Earthworks M23 Measurement Microphone
- Featured Item!
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- Omnidirectional Polar Pattern
- Condenser Element
- 9Hz-23kHz Frequency Response
- Requires 48V Phantom Power
- Fast Impulse Response
- Exceptional Polar Characteristics
Omnidirectional Measurement Microphone - 9Hz to 23kHz
The New Standard in Audio Measurement.
The M23 is a precision engineered 23kHz omnidirectional measurement microphone ideally suited for acoustical measurements including loudspeaker design and quality control, sound system setup and troubleshooting, room acoustics, or any application where an accurate free-field measurement microphone is required.
Unparalleled Audio Results at an Affordable Cost
A flat frequency response that extends from 3Hz to 23kHz, an exceptionally consistent omnidirectional polar response, 140dB SPL rating without distortion and no handling noise.
Consistent Measurements in Any Location
Immune to most temperature and atmospheric fluctuations, the M23 delivers reliable and repeatable results in any environment.
Precision With Your Favorite Measurement Software
The M23 works with any high-quality FFT-based real-time audio system measurement software, like SMAART, SIM, REW, Electroacoustics Toolbox, FuzzMeasure and others, as well as for use in PA system alignment and loudspeaker design.
Electronic Calibration File
Every M23 is individually hand-tuned and tested and is delivered with its own printed frequency response chart. An Electronic Calibration File (ECF) is generated for each microphone during final testing, and can be downloaded free of charge after product registration.
- 23kHz flat frequency response
- Cost effective measurement microphone
- Improved version of the SMAARTMIC previously offered by EAW
- Ideally suited for acoustical measurements sound system setup and troubleshooting, room acoustics, or any application where an accurate free-field measurement microphone is required
- Omnidirectional polar pattern
- Flat frequency response, fast impulse response and exceptional polar characteristics
- Used by SMAART, MLSSA, Spectrafoo, TEF and RTA in addition to acoustic measurement systems manufactured by dbx, DEQX and others
- Meets or exceeds ANSI Type 1 and applicable IEC 61094 requirements
- Requires 48V Phantom Power
- Each M Series microphone is delivered with its own calibration chart providing its individually measured open-circuit sensitivity and the frequency response curve
- Electronic Calibration File available
- Operating Temp Range: -10 deg C to +40 deg C ( 14 deg. F to 104 deg. F)
- Storage Temp Range: -20 deg C to +50 deg C ( -4 deg. F to 122 deg. F)
- Frequency Response: 9Hz to 23kHz +/-1/-3dB
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Sensitivity: 30mV/Pa (-30.5dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 142dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 100Ω, balanced (50Ω ea. pin 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600Ω between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 22dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: 165mm x 22mm (6.5 x .860 inches)
- Weight: .35 lb. (160g)
- Earthworks M23 - Measurement Microphone
- Mic Clip
- ADP1 1/2" Calibrator Adaptor
- 15 Year Warranty
- Foley Recording