PA SKU # WB ASTON STAR KIT MFR # AST-STAR STARTER BUNDLE
- Featured Item!
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Starlight Laser-Targeting Microphone
- Euro-Boom Mic Stand
- 25' XLR Microphone Cable
The Aston Starlight is the first ever laser targeting pencil microphone, allowing for recall of mic position in studio use, and incredibly quick and easy set up in live applications. This truly astonishing microphone also showcases Aston's unique variable voice switching for sound contouring, a nearly indestructible build quality, our signature sintered head, and Aston's, now famous, tumbled 100% stainless steel chassis.
Single Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphone with Mic Stand and Cable
The Starlight features a 20mm cardioid capsule hand-picked by a panel of more than 50 top producers in double blind listening tests conducted during 2016.
The addition of a Class 2 laser to our Starlight SDC, with on/off switch, allows the user to recall mic positions in the studio so set up can be easily replicated. It also means, for touring bands, that mic positions can be marked off on drums etc, and set-up becomes a breeze. It's a world's first and a big leap in helping to get a consistent sound whatever the situation.
Sintered Metal Head
Sintering is not new to the mic world, though seldom used but we've taken the technology a step or 2 further than ever before. We tested many thicknesses of sintered head, as well as the average size of the sinter spheres, and combined that with nickel plate which is controlled to only a few nanometres thickness to achieve near perfect acoustic porosity. In addition the head is virtually indestructible, so like all Aston mics, it can take any amount of studio or even live use and will never let you down.
Yet another remarkable step-up in technology, performance and cool features! The Starlight has 3 modes of operation, courtesy of some very fancy front-end filtering between the capsule and PCB. You can chose between Vintage, Modern and Hybrid settings to get the perfect tone response for your application guitar cab, drums, strings, even vocals whatever the application you'll get a perfect fit for your music, and each setting has been carefully tuned to give superb top-flight performance, way beyond Starlight's price point.
Now deeply rooted as part of Aston's beautiful engineered looks, and rugged un-killable performance, Starlight utilises a 1.5mm solid stainless steel chassis, tumbled for up to 4 hours to achieve our signature finish. Beauty, and a beast!
Discrete Mic Amp Circuit (PCB)
Starlight employs an extremely fine-tuned discrete mic amp circuit with high-spec components, to achieve an extremely sensitive, low noise design with loads of headroom. This allows the Starlight to handle quiet or very loud sources without compromising noise or tonal performance. Crucially, the higher output level of the Starlight's output stage allows microphone preamps to operate with lower gain, where their distortion performance is at its best. The final result is a beautifully clean and detailed sound. The Starlight's voicing control employs inductive active filters at the front-end of the microphone circuit to alter the response of the capsule without adding any noise to the circuit. The benefit of this means that the voicing switch is effectively the equivalent of changing the capsule to achieve different tonal characteristics and frequency response.
We have put our hearts and minds into creating the most beautiful performance pieces possible with each Aston product. When it comes to packaging we believe simplicity is king. Protective, re-useable, environmentally sensible packaging that doesn't cost the earth.
- Groundbreaking laser-targeting pencil mic
- Class 2 laser with on/off switch, for precise mic-positioning recall
- Discrete amp circuit with high-spec componentry
- 20mm capsule, cardioid polar pattern
- Sound-contouring variable-voice switching that makes setup a breeze
- Outstanding build quality
- 100% stainless tumbled-steel chassis
- Aston's signature sintered head
- Microphone Type: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Diaphragm Size: 20mm
- Pads: -10dB, -20dB
- Features: 3-position voice settings, built-in laser
- Connector: XLR
- Power Source: 48V phantom power
- Starlight Small Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
- On-Stage MS7701B Euro-Boom Mic Stand (Black)
- Horizon NM1-25 XLR Microphone Cable (25 Foot)
Write Your Own Review
More from Aston Microphones
- Aston Microphones Spirit Microphone Starter KitSpecial Price $485.00 Price $564.69 Instant Savings $79.69
- Aston Microphones Origin Microphone Starter KitSpecial Price $335.00 Price $384.69 Instant Savings $49.69
- Aston Microphones Stealth Active Dynamic Microphone (Exclusive Desktop Bundle)Special Price $479.99 Price $566.91 Instant Savings $86.92