PA SKU # AEA N8 MFR # N8
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Far-Field Ribbon Mic
- Open & Natural Sound
- Compact & Lightweight
- Low-Profile Design
- Active Electronics
- Custom Transformer
- Made in the USA
Modern Look, Big Ribbon Sound
Nuvo Series Phantom-Powered Ribbon Microphone
Following the successful N22 model designed for singer-songwriters and project studios, the N8 sounds distinctly different despite having a similar appearance to the N22. In designing the N8, we set out to create the most open and natural sounding ribbon microphone ever made. Conceived to render acoustic spaces as faithfully as possible, the new N8 microphone excels in capturing drum overheads and rooms, strings, classical ensembles, and orchestras. As such, it is the ideal complement to the N22 microphone. But even when used up close, the N8 delivers exceptional clarity and warmth, while also taking EQ extremely well without ever being harsh.
By employing a similar design philosophy as used on the popular R88 stereo ribbon microphone, the N8 achieves an astonishingly transparent sound with a superior transient response that lets AEA's famed Big Ribbon truly shine. The aluminum ribbon in the N8 is identical to the flagship R44 model in its dimensions and tuning, putting it in direct lineage of the iconic RCA 44 type.
The N8's unobtrusive size and black finish is ideal for orchestral and TV work, where microphones need to be easy to position and more or less invisible. The N8's phantom-powered electronics and a custom German transformer complete the package and deliver groundbreaking low level detail and optimal distortion performance, even when driving long cable lines in remote recording situations. Just like all other AEA products, the N8 is 100% manufactured in Pasadena, CA.
The N8 is the second member of AEA's NUVO series of microphones. Rooted in the RCA tradition just like other AEA ribbon microphones, all NUVO microphones are designed to offer a fresh approach to the ribbon transducer and represent Wes Dooley's take on the evolution of the ribbon microphone.
About the NUVO Series
The N8 is the second member of AEA's NUVO series of microphones. Rooted in the RCA tradition just like other AEA ribbons, all NUVO microphones are designed to offer a fresh approach to the ribbon transducer and represent Wes Dooley's take on the evolution of the ribbon microphone.
- Open and natural
- Designed for far-field: overheads, strings, and room mics
- Unobtrusive, discreet and video friendly look
- The same Big Ribbon as the R44
- Phantom powered electronics for optimal performance with any preamp
- 100% manufactured in Pasadena, CA
- Operating Principle: Pressure gradient microphone
- Directional Pattern: Bidirectional or Figure-of-8
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 141 dBSPL (1% third harmonic > 1 kHz)
- Output Impedance: 92 Ω broadband
- Recommended Load Impedance: 1.0 kΩ or greater
- Powering: P48 phantom power, 7 mA
- Polarity: Pin 2 high for positive pressure at the front of the microphone.
- Connector: XLR-3M
- Off Axis Response
- Polar Pattern: Native bidirectional pattern
- Horizontal: : Level changes with angle, frequency response is consistent, -35 dB null at 90° / 270°
- Vertical: Level changes with angle, reduced HF response above and below 0° / 180° axis, -35 dB null at 90° / 270°
- Transducer element
- Ribbon Thickness: 1.8 mu (0.0000018 m) of pure aluminum
- Ribbon Width: 0.185" (4.7 mm)
- Ribbon Length: 2.35" (59.7 mm)
- Included: Storage / shipping case, microphone stand clip, custom protective mic sleeve, user manual
- Optional: Matched stereo pair, NUVO Windscreen, NUVO Stereo Kit
- Limited Warranty: One year parts and labor, shipping not included. Three year extended warranty if the product is registered.
- Height: 8.83" (32.4 cm)
- Width: 1.62" (4.1 cm)
- Depth: 1.62" (4.1 cm)
Write Your Own Review
More from AEA