Marantz PMD661MKIII Handheld Solid State Recorder
PA SKU # MAR PMD661MKIII MFR # PMD661MKIII UPC # 694318022412
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Records to SD/SDHC
- Handheld, Portable, Rugged
- 44.1, 48, 96 kHz (WAV)
- 192 to 32 kbps (MP3)
- 2 Balanced XLR Inputs
- 48V Phantom Power
- Built-In Playback Speaker
- DMP Editor Software Included
Professional Portable Audio Recorder - XLR & S/PDIF inputs, Omni Boundary MicThe PMD661mkII, the Recorder of the Year awarded by Resolution Magazine, provides exceptional professional audio capture capability for virtually any application.
The PMD661 MKII sports a refined professional feature set that builds upon the legacy of the original PMD661 by maintaining the ergonomic top facia layout focused around highly developed multi-functional controls, ensuring comprehensive single handed operation.
The hardware feature set includes an integrated high-quality stereo condenser microphone array for 'point and shoot' operation, switchable balanced mic/XLR line inputs, as well as unbalanced line outputs on RCA connectors and a secondary unbalanced line input on 3.5 mm mini jack connector.
Measuring just 165 x 93 x 36 mm (6.5" x 3.7" x 1.4") with a highly visible 128 x 64 dots matrix OLED (organic LED) display ensures ease of use wherever recording, playback or setup may be taking place. A high-resolution 24-bit / 96 kHz recording option means quality is never an issue when recording to the supplied SD flash card. Compatibility with SDHC media means cards up to 32 GB in size can be used. In addition, the new built in 'SD Card Check' makes it easy and convenient to insert any SD card and check compatibility. High capacity media storage is matched by five hours recording time from four AA Alkaline / Ni-MH batteries. Drag and drop file transfer is supported via the USB port.
The new 'Retake' feature allows a simple button press to take you back though the previously recorded audio and create a drop-in point to overdub. This enables easy re-recording part way through unwanted takes ideal for dictation and electronic note gathering applications.
New security features have also been added into the MKII with Password Protection and File encryption ability that work hand in hand to keep recordings safe form unauthorized access. MP3 files can be encrypted to .MPS files and WAV files encrypted to .WAS files. Both MPS and WAS files utilize a 4 digit password protection feature so that only those with the 4 digit key can open and play the files either on the player, or in the new updated PMD Marker Editor software, included in the box.
New PMD Marker Editor: Marantz Professional has once again bundled it's Marker Editor software free in the box. PMD Mark Editor allows the marker points made on the recorded .le to be adjusted post-recording, and a new file created, meaning basic editing can be carried out on any handy PC or laptop, and .les posted for immediate distribution - plus the new 4 digit password security update.
Applications include (but are not limited to) broadcast, electronic news gathering/journalism, DSLR video, sound effects capture, law enforcement, municipal and court recording, government and surveillance, musicians, dictation for law, medical, education, and meeting recording.
- Record directly to stable and reliable SD/SDHC flash media
- Handheld portability, compact rugged design
- Built-in studio-grade stereo condenser microphone array
- 44.1, 48, 96 kHz sample rates (WAV)
- Six selectable sampling rates from 192 kbps to 32 kbps (MP3)
- (2) Balanced XLR Mic inputs with +48V phantom power
- S/PDIF Digital Input for connection to other audio equipment
- Dictation Functions including Pitch control and Skip Back
- Password-protected file encryption
- Card check compatibility feature
- Passcode protection for the device
- Linear style Retake record function
- Large OLED (organic LED) Display
- Built-in playback speaker and headphone jack
- Selectable 16- and 24-bit recording depths
- Unbalanced line in and out
- USB 2.0 for fast file transfer
- Runs on AC power or 4 x AA Batteries
- Up to 6 hours of continuous recording time from a set of batteries
- Includes DMP Editor software for advanced features and functionality
- Digital Audio System: System: Solid State Recorder
Usable Media: SD/SDHC Cards
Recording Format: MP3: MPEG1 Layer III Compression
WAV: 16/24 Bit Linear PCMRecording MP3 Bit-Rate: 320/256/192/128/63 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1/48/96 kHz
Number of Channels: 2 (Stereo)/1(Mono)
- Audio Performance: Frequency Repsonse: 20 Hz - 24 kHz
S/N Ratio IEC-A Weighted: MIC: 65 dB
LINE: 85 dBTotal Harmonic Distortion at 0 VU: MIC: 0.08%
LINE: 0.02%Dynamic Range: 85 dB
- Inputs: External MIC: Type: XLR Stereo Jack
Input Sensitivity: 1.2 mVrms/4.2 kohmsLINE: Type: XLR Stereo Jack
Input Sensitivity: 0 dBu/4.2 kohmsLINE2: Type: 1/8" Stereo Jack
Input Sensitivity: 500 mVrms/20 kohms
- Outputs: LINE: Type: RCA Stereo Jack
Standard Level: 2.0 V/10kohmsHeadphone: Type: 1/4" Stereo Jack
Standard Level: 2.0 V/10 kohmsSpeaker: Standard Level: 450 m/W/8 ohms
- General: Power Consumption: Recording/Playback: 4.2 W (DC)
Battery Life (Alkaline): 5 Hours (Typical)
Phantom Power: 48V, 10mA (Max.)Power: AC Adaptor: DA620PMD Included
Batteries: 4x AA Type Alkaline Dry Cel Batteries or 4x AA Type Ni-MH Rechargeable Batteries
Backup Battery: Lithium Battery for Real-Time ClockEnvironmental Conditions: Operatonal Temperature: 0 - 40 Degrees C (32 - 104F)
Operational Humidity: 25 - 85% (no condensation) Dimensions: Width: 93mm (3.7")
Height: 165mm (6.5")
Depth: 36mm (1.4")
Weight (Excl. Batteries): 410g (14 oz)
- Audio Cable
- USB Cable
- AC Adapter
- User Guide
- Carry Strap
- SD Card
- Broadcast and Journalism
- Law Enforcement
- Municipal and Court Recording
- Government and Surveillance
- Dictation for Law, Medical, Education
- Meeting Recording
Write Your Own Review
More from Marantz