Lynx AES16e-SRC PCI Express AES/EBU Interface with Sample Rate Conversion
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- PCIe Card
- 16 Channels of AES/EBU I/O
- Multi-Channel Support
- 16 Channels of SRC
- Mac OS X
- Windows XP/Vista/7
16-Channel PCI Express Audio Interface Card with 16 Channels of Sample Rate Conversion
AES16e - Sixteen channel AES/EBU PCI Express Card
AES16e-SRC - AES16e with sixteen channels of sample rate conversion
AES16e-50 - AES16e with 32 channels of AES50 I/O plus sixteen channels of sample rate conversion
The AES16e offers 16 channels of 192 kHz AES/EBU I/O. In addition to the base model, the AES16e-SRC includes sixteen channels of sample rate conversion and AES16e-50 will provide up to 32 additional digital inputs/outputs via AES50 technology.
The AES16e builds on the capabilities of our industry-standard AES16 with an updated feature set and the benefits of the PCI Express interface. The architecture and higher bandwidth of PCI Express reduces bottlenecks and overhead, which provides higher performance for computer-based high end audio.
The AES16e x1 PCI Express card provides 16 channels of 24-bit AES/EBU digital audio at a 192 kHz sample rate in both single-wire and dual-wire AES modes. Designed to integrate digital consoles, multi-channel A/D and D/A converters, hard disk recorders, digital audio workstations and other digital audio equipment, the AES16e is compatible with Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
The AES16e-SRC provides 16 channels of sample rate conversion, which may be switched on for any or all of the 8 digital inputs.
The third model, the AES16e-50, adds up to 32 digital I/O channels using AES50 technology, carrying the digital signal on standard CAT5 or CAT6 cable.
- x1 PCI Express interface works with Macintosh or Windows PCs with PCI Express slots (x1 - x16).
- Eight stereo inputs and eight stereo outputs (16 mono I/O), AES/EBU format, 24-bit, single wire and dual wire, transformer coupled.
- Extensive on-board digital mixer.
- Optional sixteen channels of Sample Rate Conversion. Support for conversion ratios up to 16:1 with 144 dB dynamic range and -140dB THD+N.
- Optional AES50 interface.
- All relevant settings, such as sample rate selection, sync source selection, channel routing, and buffer size are enabled, controlled and monitored from the host computer.
- Multi-channel support of 5.1 and 7.1 surround playback formats.
- Includes Lynx-exclusive SynchroLock sample clock generator for 3000:1 jitter rejection on external clock sources.
- Supports ASIO and WDM for Windows and CoreAudio for Mac OS X.
- Easy driver installation for Windows, Mac OS X.
- AES16e: Standard PCI Express model with 16 AES/EBU Channels
- AES16e-SRC: Includes 16 channels of Sample Rate Conversion
- AES16e-50: Includes 16 channels of Sample Rate Conversion, AES50 Port
- DIGITAL I/O
- Number / Type: Eight inputs and eight outputs, 24-bit AES/EBU format, transformer coupled
- Channels: 16 in/out in single-wire mode, 8 in/out in dual-wire mode
- Sample Rates: All standard rates and variable rates up to 192 kHz in both single wire and dual-wire modes
- Sample Rate Conversion: Sixteen channels available with support for conversion ratios up to 16: 1. Dynamic range: 142 dB. AES16e-SRC and AES16e-50 models only.
- AES50 DIGITAL I/O (AE16e-50 ONLY)
- Number / Type: One AES50 port, 24-bit audio, 100 Mbit/second data rate on Cat5e or Cat6 cabling
48kHz / 44.1kHz: 48 inputs available to 32 record channels, 32 outputs
96kHz / 88.2kHz: 24 inputs, 24 outputs
192kHz / 176.4kHz: 12 inputs, 12 outputs
- Core: FPGA-based core contains custom PCI Express bi-directional interface, data routing and formatting, device/stream control, digital mixing, clock routing and control, and DMA engine. Support for field upgrades of firmware
- Audio Devices: Card is visible to host applications as sixteen record devices and sixteen play devices. Each device has two channels and can be used independently for multi-client functionality.
- Sources: Any AES/EBU digital input, external word clock (XLR model only) on BNC, internal word clock on header, on-board low-jitter crystal oscillator, AES50 port (AES16e-50 only)
- SynchroLock: Multi-stage, VCXO-based clock generation system with high jitter attenuation. Wide mode tracks off-frequency clocks, narrow mode generates ultra-low jitter output for standard frequencies.
- ON-BOARD DIGITAL MIXER
- Type: Hardware-based, low-latency
- Routing: Ability to route any input to any or multiple outputs
- Mixing: 64 X 32 @ 48kHz and 96kHz, 34 X 32 @ 192kHz
- Status: Peak levels to -114 dB on all inputs and outputs.
- LSTREAM EXPANSION PORT
- Compatibility: Supports Lynx LStream expansion cards including the LS-ADAT 16-Channel ADAT I/O card
- Type: High-speed serial, up to 16 channels @ 24-bits. 14-pin internal connector.
- I/O Ports: Two bracket-mounted 26-pin high-density female D-sub connectors for AES/EBU.
Board mounted RJ45 jack and accessory RJ45 bracket for AES50.
- External Clock: 75-ohm BNC word clock input and output provided on XLR breakout cables
- Internal Clock: Two 75-ohm board mounted 2-pin headers for word clock input and output
- Windows Drivers: Windows XP / Vista / 7 platforms: MME, ASIO 2.0, WDM, and DirectSound
- Macintosh Drivers: Core Audio for OS X 10.4 (Tiger); 10.5 (Leopard) and 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
- Mixer Application: Multi-window GUI provides complete control of digital mixer and all hardware settings.
- PCI Express Bus: x1 connection compatible with x1 to x16 PCIe slots. Version 1.1 compliant
- Data Transfers: Up to 250 Mbytes/sec using custom 32-channel, zero-wait state, scatter-gather DMA engine. Bus mastering bi-directional PCIe transfers.
- Size: 5.0" H X 7.4" W X 0.75" D (standard half-size PCI Express card)
- CBL-AES1604: 26-pin high-density male D-sub to four female XLR's (AES inputs), four male XLR's (AES outputs), and two female BNC's (word clock I/O). Six- foot, 110-ohm shielded twisted pair cabling. Two required.
- CBL-AES1605: 26-pin high-density male D-sub to 25-pin male D-sub. Supports 4 channels of input and output. Compatible with devices with standard Yamaha digital I/O pinout for Aurora converters, Yamaha, Apogee, Mackie, and others. Twelve- foot, 110-ohm shielded twisted pair cabling.Two required.
- For AES50 Port: Cat5e or Cat6 cabling with 8-pin RJ45 connectors