PA SKU # STU M22 MFR # M22
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- 2-Channel IFB Remote Panel
- Works with Model 2A
- Supports Mic & Line Inputs
- Excellent Audio Quality
- Backlit Pushbutton Switches
The Model 22 Access Station works in conjunction with a Studio Technologies' Model 2A Central Controller to provide a 2-channel IFB origination ("talk") location. Two pushbutton switches allow direct access to each of the IFB channels. The switches are backlit for visibility in locations with low ambient light conditions. Each switch also provides a "tally" indication, lighting brightly when their associated IFB channel is active. The carefully optimized circuitry is capable of providing "high-fidelity" IFB audio performance. This is unique in the often-ignored yet critical talent cueing function. Model 22s are typically installed at positions convenient to producers, directors, or other personnel who need to cue on-air talent. Up to four Model 22 units can be connected to, and powered by, a Model 2A Central Controller.
IFB Plus Series Access Station
The Model 22 consists of a metal chassis containing two lighted pushbutton switches, microphone and line inputs, and supporting audio, status, and control circuitry. An external interrupt audio source is required. This can be in the form of a microphone or line-level signal. A microphone input is provided for connection to an electret gooseneck microphone. The Model 11A Gooseneck Microphone, an option available from Studio Technologies, is directly compatible. The transformer-coupled line input allows various pieces of communications equipment to serve as the interrupt audio source. This can be used to interface with intercom systems from companies such as RTS and Clear-Com, typically utilizing their "hot mic out" signals. A configuration switch allows Model 22 interrupt activity to mute the monitor amplifier output on the associated Model 2A Central Controller.
The optional Model 25A 19-Inch Rack Adapter allows the Model 22 to be mounted in one space of a standard 19-inch rack enclosure. Alternately, the Model 22, along with an optional Model 28A Panel Adapter, can be flush mounted in an opening provided in a custom-fabricated enclosure or cabinet surface. The Model 22 interfaces with the Model 2A Central Controller using a 9-conductor interface cable. Power for the Model 22 is provided by the connected Model 2A Central Controller.
- 2-channel IFB remote panel
- Works with Model 2A Central Controllers
- No external power source required
- Supports mic and line inputs
- Excellent audio quality
- Backlit pushbutton switches
- Application: provides remote 2-channel interrupt (talk) location based on a Model 2A Central Controller unit; up to four Model 22 units can be connected to a Model 2A Central Controller
- Power Requirements: 18 volts DC, 25 milliamperes maximum, provided by connected Model 2A Central Controller
- Two DE-9F (9-pin D-subminiature female) connectors. One connector intended to link Model 22 to Model 2A Central Controller. The second connector, wired in parallel with the first, is designed to allow "loop through" installation for connection to additional Model 22(s).
- Pushbutton Switches: 2
- Type: backlit, momentary, EAO 99-series Lamp Type: incandescent, T-1, bi-pin, 18 V, 26 milliamperes, 0.5 watt equivalent to EAO Switch Corp. 11-903-2, Wamco 0L1100BPE, Lamptronics AS25-8
- Microphone Input
- Compatibility: 2-wire electret, designed for use with Studio Technologies' Model 11A Gooseneck Microphone (purchased separately)
- Intended Input Level: -25 dBu nominal
- Microphone Power: +5 volts DC, current limited; applied to microphone "high" lead
- Connector: three terminals on a screw terminal strip
- Line Input
- Type: electronically balanced, capacitor coupled, compatible with balanced or unbalanced audio signals
- Input Impedance: 24 k ohms
- Common Mode Rejection: 100 dB at DC and 60 Hz, 70 dB at 20 kHz, 62 dB at 40 kHz (typical)
- Input Level: -15 to +10 dBu, input level adjustable via trim potentiometer
- Connector: two terminals on a screw terminal strip
- Dimensions (Overall)
- 6.4 inches wide (16.3 cm)
- 1.6 inches high (4.1 cm)
- 5.2 inches deep (13.2 cm)
- Mounting: rack mounted using Model 25A 19-Inch Rack Adapter (purchased separately), panel mounted using Model 28A Panel Adapter (purchased separately); custom mounting easily accomplished
- Weight: 0.8 pounds (0.35 kg)
Write Your Own Review
More from Studio Technologies