JoeCo BBR1A BlackBox Recorder (ADAT)
PA SKU # JC BBR1A MFR # BBR1-A
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Standalone Operation
- 24 Tracks
- Records to USB 2.0 Drives
- Built-in Analog Relays
- Playback Lockout
- Accidental-Ending-Record Protection
- Zero Latency
- BWF Format for Instant DAW Integration
- Lightpipe Digital I/O
Multi-Track Recorder for Live Applications (Lightpipe Digital I/O)The BLACKBOX RECORDER with Lightpipe i/o enables audio capture via a digital mixing console supporting Lightpipe (TOSlink) inputs and outputs. This BBR model can also interface directly with any of the high quality A-D converters that incorporate Lightpipe outputs.
Three 8-channel Lightpipe inputs can be connected from the mixer and three Lightpipe outputs can return the signals back to the mixer. All other BlackBox Recorder features remain unchanged and the full analogue i/o capability of the standard BBR1 is still available for situations where the Lightpipe interface is not suitable.
Note: Due to limitations in the Lightpipe format, use of this option restricts 24-track recording to single speed sample rates (44.1kHz and 48kHz). At double sample rates the unit employs the SMUX2 protocol reducing the i/o count to 12 channels. However, the full 24/24/96kHz facility is still available in the analogue domain.
- Records up to 24 channels at 24 Bit / 96 kHz. (analogue, AES/EBU and Light pipe versions). BBR64-MADI and BBR64-DANTE record up to 64 channels. (Multiple units can be linked together for higher track counts.)
- Records audio in Broadcast WAV format onto a regular USB2 disk drive, USB Flash drive (FAT32 formatted), or SDHC card via USB2 connector. Built-in formatting facility included.
- Enables direct import of recorded audio files from the hard drive to any Mac- or PC-based DAW for instant editing and remixing. No file transfer or conversion necessary.
- Is simple to operate via a sleek front panel menu-driven user interface and touch sensitive controls.
- Is available in six models; analogue: unbalanced and balanced i/o, digital: AES/EBU and Lightpipe - for use with both analogue and digital consoles, MADI and DANTE.
- Supports Linear Time Code, MIDI time code and SONY PII (9-pin) control, MIDI Machine Control and AES / SPDIF word clock.
- Can attach to the insert points of any live console to provide Virtual Sound Check facilities.
- Includes "fail safe" features for secure audio capture such as playback lockout and preventing accidental Stop.
- Allows the creation of headphone monitoring mixes, with level and pan on each track (analogue, AES/EBU and Light pipe versions). On MADI and DANTE versions individual channels, or pairs of channels can be monitored on a PFL bus providing both hi-resolution metering and headphone monitoring.
- Features a QWERTY keyboard interface and Name Manager for easily creating templates and modifying track or song names.
- Offers enhancements for film, TV and broadcast applications including support for 23.98fps time code, improvements to 9-pin support for edit controllers and support for iXML
- General Specifications
- Sample Rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- Bit depths: 16bit; 24bit
- Disk interface: USB2
- Format: FAT32
- File type: Broadcast WAV (BWAV)
- Media: USB2 hard disk (7200rpm recommended),
- USB2 flash drive - 200x minimum (except for
- MADI and DANTE systems which have more
- demanding data rates), SHDC (Class 10 with
- suitable adapter except MADI and DANTE)
- Monitoring: 1 x 1/4" TRS jack socket,
- headphone mix/solo
- Physical: 19" rack mounted 1U
- Dimensions: (425mm x 150mm x 44mm)
- Weight: < 2.4kg
- Control and Synchronisation
- MIDI: 1 x 5-pin DIN (open loop) - MIDI time
- code (MTC) and MIDI machine control (MMC)
- LTC: 1 x 1/4" TRS jack socket
- Frame rates supported: 30fps, 29.97drop fps,
- 29.97non-drop fps, 25fps, 24fps, 23.98fps
- Machine control: 1 x 9-pin D, SONY PII protocol
- Audio clock synchronisation: 2 x RCA sockets
- AES3 / SPDIF Format, also used for
- communications to slave units
- Footswitch: momentary switch on ring of LTC
- TRS socket
- Keyboard: 1 x mini DIN PS2 connector,
- Standard 102 key
- Power: 9v - 16V dc (< 25W). 2.1mm dc inlet.
- PSU supplied
- Analogue Inputs:
- Levels: -10dBu / +4dBu switchable
- Max input level: +22dBu = 0dBFS
- A-D conversion: 24bit, 96kHz
- 106dB S/N, 96dB THD+N (typical A-weighted)
- Analogue Outputs:
- Levels: -10dBu / +4dBu switchable
- Max output level: +22dBu = 0dBFS
- D-A conversion: 24bit, 96kHz
- 106dB S/N, 94dB THD+N (typical A-weighted)
- Lightpipe i/o via 3 x TOSLINK inputs and 3 x TOSLINK outputs (24 channels @ 48k, 12 channels @ 96k). Word clock input on BNC. Unbalanced analogue as BBR1U (cable looms not supplied)
Write Your Own Review