JoeCo BBP1D BlackBox Player (AES/EBU)
PA SKU # JC BBP1D MFR # BBP1-D
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
Multi-Track Player for Live Applications (AES/EBU Digital I/O)
Multi-Track Player for Live Applications (AES/EBU Digital I/O)Designed for use with digital mixing consoles that have AES/EBU inputs and outputs. Unbalanced analogue functionality also available (switchable)
Cabling not supplied, but available to order.
The BlackBox Player provides an innovative solution for live performance playback in a compact 1U rack-mounted package. Specifically designed to replay backing tracks or multiple surround stems for live shows and themed entertainment, it can replay up to 64 channels of high quality audio at up to 24bit/96kHz. The Player can be triggered using timecode, a footswitch or QWERTY keyboard, or it can be controlled via MIDI commands, giving the live engineer, installation sound designer, musical director or artist full control of the show at all times.
Based on the proven technology of the award-winning BlackBox Recorder, the BlackBox Player provides an innovative solution to live performance playback in a compact 1U rack-mounted package. Player capability is now available for JoeCo's 24- and 64-channel BlackBox systems enabling up to 64 channels of synchronous audio to be replayed in up to 24 Bit / 96kHz quality, without a computer. Multi-channel audio playback is important both for surround sound applications and because it allows the live engineer to compensate for the acoustics of the venue, or audience generated noise during the performance.
Playback material can be loaded from any Digital Audio Workstation capable of creating files in Broadcast WAV format. In addition to standard mono BWAV files, the Player also supports the replay of polyphonic wav files, from multiple stereo files up to 24 or even 64 channel PolyWAV files. Mono, stereo and multichannel files can even be used together in the same song massively enhancing the system's flexibility. The audio files can be stored on a standard USB2 drive, or Flash RAM drive. A simple naming procedure ensures that the correct file is replayed through each output.
Set lists can be configured into simple XML format playlist files. Playlists automatically cue up the next song ready for instantaneous replay and multiple playlists can be stored ready for any quick changes or alternative show formats.
Separate foldback mixes can be configured using normal facilities on the console. An additional mix can be sent via the headphone output for the musical director. For playback applications requiring time code synchronisation, the BlackBox Player can be configured to an incoming source of digital clock, or optionally word clock. The implementation of a "Chase" mode enables the unit to commence playback in sync when it receives incoming time code. This option can either be controlled from the front panel or via extended SONY 9-pin support. The extended 9-pin commands also allow the user to rehearse shows that are normally locked to time code via remote control and are compatible with most edit suites and show controllers. Time code can be shown on the main time display in playback mode.
Integrated safety features ensure that the BlackBox Player can meet the all-important "show must go on" criteria. These include a unique automated fail-over mechanism that enables the BlackBox Player to automatically switch to a synchronous secondary system using its internal analogue relays in the event of a failure. (This would normally require a costly external switching matrix).
- Provides simultaneous playback of up to 64 tracks in up to 24 Bit / 96kHz quality. No computer needed. Now supports the replay of polyphonic wav files.
- Enables playback files to be loaded from any Digital Audio Workstation capable of creating Broadcast WAV files. Audio can be stored on USB2 hard drive, Flash drive or SDHC card via USB2 connector.
- Uses a simple naming procedure to ensure that the correct file is replayed through each output.
- Is now available for 24- and 64-channel systems, offering analogue unbalanced and balanced output options as well as digital AES/EBU and Lightpipe, MADi and DANTE.
- Offers intuitive front panel, keyboard or footswitch operation for total control during the performance.
- Configures set lists into simple XML format playlist files. Multiple playlists can be stored for different shows.
- Enables separate foldback mixes to be configured using normal facilities on the console. An additional mix can be sent via the headphone output for the musical director.
- Can be configured to an incoming source of digital clock, or optionally word clock (BBP1A and BBP1D only).
- Has integrated safety features including a built-in automated fail-over mechanism.
- 24 mono channels plus internally "mixed" headphone output
- Audio Connections:
- Unbalanced Analogue
- 3 x 25way D-sub TASCAM analogue format
- (Hot in, cold out for connection into insert points on console)
- Balanced Analogue
- 3 x 25way D-sub TASCAM analogue format inputs;
- 3 x 25way D-sub TASCAM analogue format outputs;
- 3 x 25way D-sub YAMAHA digital format
- 3 x TOSLINK
- Storage medium
- External USB2 storage device
- USB2 drive
- Flash RAM drive (thumb drive)
- SDHC card via USB2 converter
- Audio file format
- Standard mono Broadcast WAV files
- Audio file naming convention
- sss-tt.songname-trackname.wav where
- sss is the song number (001-999)[determines which tracks play together as a Song]
- -tt. is the track number (01-24)[determines which output each track is replayed through]
- songname is the (optional) song name [free text up to 32 characters]
- -trackname is the (optional) track name [free text up to 24 characters]
- .wav is the file extension [mandatory]
- Playlist format
- Simple XML file structure for easy playlist editing
- Pre-load time
- Typically < 3 seconds
- Instant replay controlled by
- Timecode (LTC or MTC),
- QWERTY keyboard,
- MIDI control,
- Real-time clock
- Automatic pre-load of next song in playlist
- MIDI Controls
- MIDI open loop connection
- MIDI Start, Stop commands
- MIDI Song Select: for preloading specific Songs
- MIDI Program Change
- MIDI Show Control
- Audio clocks
- Selectable between
- AES/EBU or SPDIF clock
- Word clock (available on BBP1A and BBP1D only)
- All standard frame rates supported
- Auto fail-over
- Analogue fail-over automatically switches to synchronous secondary system in case of a replay problem.
- Size: 19" rack mounting x 1U (435 x 44 x 170mm)
- Weight: < 2.5kg
- DC input: 9-12V dc (PSU supplied)
- Power: < 25W
Write Your Own Review