JBL Control 28-1 Two-Way Vented Loudspeaker (Black)
PA SKU # JBL CONTROL281 MFR # C28-1 UPC # 691991002045
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Only 1 Left! — In Stock & Ready to Ship Order now! Limited quantity in stock! Most orders placed before 3pm MST ship same day (except weekends and holidays).
- Product Highlights
- 8" Woven-Fiberglass LF Drivers
- 1" PEI Diaphragm Tweeters
- 240W RMS at 8 Ohms
- 60W 70V/100V Transformer
- Durable, Weatherized Enclosures
- InvisiBall Mounting Hardware
- Zinc-Plated Grilles
- Good for Off-Axis Listening
- 45 Hz to 20 kHz Frequency Response
High Output Indoor/Outdoor Background/Foreground Speaker - BlackThe Control 28-1 is a two-way 8" speaker with rich sonic character, wide coverage, consistent coverage, versatile mounting, and a contemporary high-design look that fits into a wide range of decors, This makes Control 28-1 an excellent choice for a wide variety of applications, including retail stores, restaurants, health clubs, theme parks, educational facilities, hospitality, music cafes, leisure venues, and anywhere where a top quality high-output indoor/outdoor foreground/background music (and/or paging) speaker is required.
8" woofer with woven fiberglass cone
1" PEI diaphragm tweeter with fluid cooling
- Contemporary, high-design appearance
- Built-in InvisiBall mounting hardware*, plus available U-bracket
- Weather resistant enclosure and transducers
- Wide 100° x 100° coverage
- 120 Watt power handling (240 Watt program) in direct 8Ω setting, plus built-in 60 Watt 70V/100V multi-tap transformer.
- High fidelity sound character with broad frequency response of 45 Hz - 20 kHz.
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 45 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency Response (+/-3 dB): 62Hz - 16 kHz
- Power Rating:
240 W Continuous Program (2 hrs)
120 W (480W peak), Continuous Pink Noise (2 hrs)
90 W (360W peak) Continuous Pink Noise (100 hrs)
- Maximum Input Voltage: 27.5 V RMS (2 hrs), 55.0 V peak
- Maximum SPL: 112 dB ave. Continuous Pink Noise (118 dB peak)
- Sensitivity: 91 dB, 1W/1m (ave. 100 Hz - 10 kHz)
- Coverage Angle: 100° x 100°
- Directivity Factor (Q): 7.3 (averaged 1kHz - 16kHz)
- Directivity Index (DI): 8.3dB (averaged 1kHz - 16kHz)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms (THRU setting)
- Crossover Type: 2nd order low-pass, 1st order high-pass, plus conjugate shaping
- Transformer Taps:
70V: 60W, 30W, 15W, 7.5W
100V: 60W, 30W, 15W
- Insertion Loss: <0.94 dB at any tap setting
- Thru Setting: 8Ω nominal
- Recommended Protective High-Pass: 45 Hz high-pass (24 dB/oct) for 8Ω operation plus 15W and 7.5W taps; 55 Hz for 30W tap; 65 Hz for 60W tap.
- Low Frequency Driver: 200 mm (8 in), woven-fiberglass cone with pure butyl rubber surround with Weather-Edge frame protection, high-temp fiberglass voice coil former, high-temp voice coil wire, optimized cone geometry, linear suspension spider, and FEA optimized motor structure.
- High Frequency Driver: 25 mm (1 in) PEI diaphragm, low-viscosity ferro-magnetic fluid, and lightweight Kapton voice coil former.
- Enclosure Material: High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) with 10% glass fill, painted with highly-UV resistant paint on white (-WH) version for maximum UV fade resistance.
- Grille: Highly zinc-plated, finished in durable TGIC polyester powdercoating. MTC-28WMG-1 (&-WH) available with WeatherMax multi-layer foam and tight-weave mesh vapor barrier backing.
- Installation: InvisiBall wall-mounting system included. Two 6 mm attachment points (on top and bottom) for optional MTC-28WMG-1 (&-WH) U-bracket. Secondary safety attachment loop point on back panel.
- Environmental: IP-44 per IEC529 (IP-55 when installed with the optional MTC-28WMG-1 WeatherMax grille and either MTC-PC2 or MTC-PC3 panel cover.) Exceeds MilSpec 810 for humidity, salt-spray, temperature & UV. Passes MilStd-202F for salt spray and ASTM G85 for acid-air plus salt spray. Optional MTC-28WMG-1 WeatherMax grille for breaking up driving rain and for especially difficult environments.
- Termination: Screw-down terminal strip, zinc-plated copper based, nickel-plated metal screws and washers. Accepts up to 9 mm outside 4 mm inside open lugs (#6, #8, or #10 lug), plus bare wire (up to 12 AWG / 2.5 mm2). Optional MTC-PC2 and MTC-PC3 protective panel covers available to provide sealed entrance for additional weather protection.
- Agency Rating: ROHS-compliant; Transformer UL Recognized per UL1876
- Colors: Black (RAL9004) or white (-WH, RAL9016)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 386 x 282 x 219 mm (15.2 x 11.1 x 8.6 in); 277 mm (10.9 in) deep total when mounted on InvisiBall wall-mount bracket.
- Net Weight: 6.8 kg (15.0 lbs)
- Shipping Weight: 15.4 kg (34 lbs) pair-packed (for 2 speakers)
- Included Accessories: InvisiBall wall-mounting system), 6 mm x 180 mm hex key
- Optional Accessories:
MTC-28UB-1 - Yolk-type U-bracket (&-WH)
MTC-28WMG-1 - WeatherMax grille with backing (&-WH)
MTC-28/25CM - Ceiling-Mount InvisiBall adapter (&-WH)
Write Your Own Review
More from JBL