JBL 2426H - 1" High Frequency Compression Driver - 8 Ohm
PA SKU # JBL 2426H MFR # 2426H
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- 1" High Frequency Compression Driver - 8 Ohm
1" High Frequency Compression Driver - 8 OhmThe model 2426H is a professional quality high frequency compression driver which incorporates JBL's titanium diamond diaphragm. This titanium diamond structure combines the ruggedness of phenolic and composite-type diaphragms with the outstanding frequency response of fragile aluminum and exotic metal diaphragms.
JBL's exclusive suspension, consisting of a three-dimensional diamond pattern, reduces bending stresses in the diaphragm support structure. The depth of the diamond pattern is closely controlled to provide predictable frequencies for the 2nd and 3rd normal resonance modes and for the basic suspension resonance.
The mathematically determined phasing plug consists of concentric exponential horns to minimize phase cancellations. Phasing plug, throat exit tube and diaphragm assemblies are identical to the previous model.
All cast parts and tolerances are held to the same levels traditionally associated with JBL designs. Additionally the press-fit assembly and interlocking parts assure greater resistance to the mechanical shock. Diaphragm assemblies are rim centered rather than pin mounted, for instant interchangeability and ease of field service. Mounting is provided for standard 25 mm (1 in) three bolt pattern. The front snout may be removed (unscrewed) to allow standard 1 3/8" - 18 screw mounting. Through holes for external attachment points are also provided. A machined ring of copper surrounds the pole piece to counteract the inductance of the voice coi1 at high frequencies. After manufacture, the frequency response of each driver is tested for conformity to rigid performance standards.
The 2426H is offered in an 8 ohm impedance, and the otherwise identical 2426J is offered in a 16 ohm impedance.
- Throat Diameter: 25 mm (1 in)
- Nominal Impedance: 2426H - 8 ohms2426J - 16 ohms
- Minimum Impedance: 5 ohms (H), 9 ohms (J) @ 5 kHz
- D.C. Resistance: 3.3 ohms (H), 6.5 ohms (J) +/- 10% @ 25C
- Power Capacity: 70 W continuous program above 800 Hz100 W continuous Program above 1.2 kHz
- Sensitivity: 107 dB SPL, 1 W @ 1 m, JBL 2344A horn110 dB SPL, 1 W @ 1 m, JBL 2370A horn117 dB SPL, 1 mW on plane wave tubes
- Nominal Efficiency: 25% (800 Hz to 2.5 kHz)
- Frequency Range: 500 Hz to 20 kHz
- Recommended Crossover4: 800 Hz or higher, 12 dB/octave slope minimun
- Diaphragm: 0.05 mm (0.002 in) pure titanium
- Voice Coil Diameter: 44 mm (1% in)
- Voice Coil Material: Edgewound aluminum ribbon
- Flux Density: 1.8 T (18,000 gauss)
- Bl Factor: 6.3 N/A(H)9.3 N/A (J)
- Positive voltage to black terminal gives diaphragm motion toward phasing plug
- Mounting: Three 1/4-20 threaded holes, 120 apart on 57.2 mm
- (2-1/4 in) diameterFront snout may be removed (unscrewed) to expose standard 1 3/8 in -18 screw threads
- Dimensions: 149 mm (5 7/8 in) diameter, 104 mm (4 1/8 in) depth
- Net Weight: 4.3 kg (9-1/2 lb)
Write Your Own Review
More from JBL