The DP-008EX 8-Track Digital Pocketstudio from Tascam is a compact, battery-powered multitrack recorder, featuring two built-in omnidirectional condenser microphones and WAV file resolution up to 16-bit/44.1kHz. Additionally, two balanced XLR inputs and two unbalanced 1/4" TS inputs can be used to record mic, line or Hi-Z instrument signals. The XLR inputs have switchable +48V Phantom power. Designed with analog functionality and dedicated control knobs, the DP-008EX is ideal for on-the-spot recording. A Mini USB 2.0 output facilitates high-speed file transfer to your Mac or PC.
The DP-008EX features onboard effects on all its input channels. Compressor, 2-band shelving EQ, de-esser and exciter are available on each track. Additionally, the DP-008EX has six different types of reverb built-in. Mastering effects for the stereo mix are also included, offering 2-band EQ, multi-band compression and normalizing. An Auto Analysis Mastering tool is also included, making the process easy, just choose between Natural or Maximum.
The DP-008EX provides a line output on a stereo pair of RCA jacks, as well as an 1/8" stereo headphone output. An integrated chromatic tuner and metronome help you perfect your performance. For elongated battery life, the DP-008EX is compatible with Tascam's BP-6AA external battery pack. It can also be powered by the PS-P520 AC adapter. Both alternative powering solutions are sold separately.
Versatile Recording and Data Transfer
The DP-008EX can record, import and export 16-bit/44.1kHz WAV files. It is compatible with both mono and stereo files.
Recording Media Included
The DP-008EX records WAV files to SD/SDHC cards up to 32GB, a 2GB card is included. High-speed data transfer is available through the onboard USB 2.0 port. Your files can then be imported to your favorite DAW.
Recording / Playback Engines
The DP-008EX can record 2 mono tracks or 1 stereo track simultaneously. It offers up to 8 tracks of simultaneous playback.
- Eight mono tracks
- CD-quality recording (16bit/44.1kHz)
- Two tracks simultaneous recording/ eight tracks simultaneous playback
- Dedicated stereo master track available
- Record to SD/SDHC card (Up to 32GB)
- 2 Built-in omni-directional condenser microphones
- Microphone sensitivity can be selected from 2-positions (Low/High)
- Two TS 1/4" or XLR mic/line inputs
- INPUT A can connect high-impedance instrument directly (Like an electric-guitar)
- Phantom power supply
- Independent LEVEL/PAN/Reverb SEND knobs for each track
- Two RCA unbalanced line inputs
- 20mW/ch headphone output
- Footswitch ready with polarity switching (Notice: can't use RC-3F)
- 128x64 dot-matrix LCD with backlight
- Four AA batteries operation up to 6.5 hours (When recording, using the eneloop battery)
- Insert effects for input channels (2-band shelving EQ, compressor, exciter, de-esser)
- Mastering effects (2-band shelving EQ, multi-band compressor, normalize)
- Auto analysis mastering function
- 2-band shelving EQ for each track
- Reverb effects (Hall1/2,Room,Studio,Plate1/2)
- Optional AC adapter ready (TASCAM PS-P520)
- Can connect an external battery pack (TASCAM BP-6AA)
- Direct locate function by jog-wheel
- Repeat playback between IN/OUT point
- Track edit functions（COPY PASTE, COPY INSERT, MOVE PASTE, MOVE INSERT, OPEN, CUT, SILENCE, CLONE TRACK, CLEAN OUT)
- Bounce function allows recording of more six tracks
- UNDO/REDO(UNDO HISTORY) function
- Chromatic tuner and metronome included
- High-speed data transfer by USB2.0 connection
- Backup and restore songs
- File import/export by Wav format (mono/stereo)
- Export stereo master file as stereo wav format
- 2GB SD card included