The NYS-SPP-L1 is a economical and remarkable sleek designed 1/4" modular Patch Panel for 19" rack mount (19" x 1U) with a reinforced metal housing. Each of it's 48 PCB wired balanced channels (24 front pairs and corresponding 24 rear pairs) can either be grounded separately or in groups of inividually chooseable channel numbers.
The PCBs are held securely in place by being clamped between the front and the rear panel, this grants an easy reconfiguration of the Patch Panel without the danger of loosing any small parts (e.g. nuts). The grey jack serves as an easy and distinguishable normalling identification.
Standard configuration, when delivered, is Half Normalled bottom row. The configuration can easily be changed by just flipping the individual PCB. Inserting a plug into the grey jack will always isolate the top against the bottom row. Alternative solution for send/return applications by use of NYS-SPCR1 module (optional).
The flexible grounding system, applicable for each channel separately by simply attaching the loose supplied grounding clips to the grounding pad of the corresponding channel, offers the following alternatives:
Individual (without grounding clip): Each channel ground (sleeve contact) is connected to the dedicated ground contact of the incoming 1/4" plug only. This is the standard configuration for delivery.
Chassis common (1): The relevant channel grounds (sleeve contacts; top and bottom row) are connected to the ground flat tab via grounding clip and chassis.
Chassis top (2): The dedicated top channel ground (sleeve contact) is connected to the ground flat tab via grounding clip and chassis.
Chassis bottom (3): The dedicated bottom channel ground (sleeve contact) is connected to the ground flat tab via grounding clip and chassis
- Individual grounding available for each channel separately
- Ruggedized metal housing
- Improved contact design minimises wear on mated plugs
- Economic and versatile designed 1/4" modular Patch Panel with 2 rows of jack sockets
- 48 balanced channels with fully PCB wired jack (24 vertical PC boards), 24 front pairs and corresponding 24 rear pairs
- Jack PC card contains 4 balanced 1/4" jacks with non-tarnishing contacts, is held securely in place without the use of nuts - no little pieces to drop, break or lose
- Easy to change configuration by just flipping individual PC board
- Normalling jack is coloured grey for easy identification
- 4 designation strips included for front and rear panel
- Title: NYS-SPP-L1
- Connection Type: Patch Panel
- Signal Type: AES/EBU Signals (analog)
- Contact resistance: < 10 mΩ (inner)
- Comment: < 10
- Dielectric strength: 1 kVdc
- Frequency range: DC to > 50 MHz
- Insulation resistance: > 1 GΩ @ 500 V dc
- Channel separation:
> 100 dB @ 10 kHz, 600 terminated
> 40 dB @ 6 MHz, 110 terminated
- Handles Phantom Power: no
- Insertion force: < 20 N
- Withdrawal force: > 10 N
- Lifetime: > 10000 mating cycles
- Locking device: Retention spring
- Contacts: Bronze, tin plated (Switch contacts)
- Shell: ABS (Jacks)
- Front panel: Steel
- Temperature range: -30 °C to +80 °C
- Product specific
- Dimensions: 482 x 44 mm (19" x 1U)
- Depth: 64 mm (2.52")
- Suitable connectors: A-Gauge 1/4" plugs acc. EIA RS-453
- Channels: 2 x 24 channels, configuration half normalled, isolated, split