The Neumann U 89 I is a large diaphragm condenser microphone made for vocal and general instrument recording or sound reinforcement. Similar to the U 87, the Neumann U 89 I maintains the favored sound character and warmth, as well as some added features. The U 89 I features 5 switchable polar patterns. Omni-directional, cardioid, wide-angle cardioid and hyper-cardioid provide flexibility for any recording scenario. The U 89 I's capsule features a shock mounted dual diaphragm providing a wide frequency response while handling sound pressure levels up to 134dB. A -6dB Pad switch increases the microphone's SPL handling capability to 140dB. A low frequency roll-off switch effectively minimizes hum and low frequency rumble at 80 or 160Hz (switchable). In addition, the U 89 I features a smaller, light weight foot print allowing greater positioning flexibility.
- 5 Polar Patterns
Cardioid, hyper-cardioid, omni-directional, wide angle-cardioid, and figure eight polar patterns are all available.
- -6dB Pad Switch
A -6dB Pad switch increases the microphones SPL capability to a total of 140dB. These provides the flexibility of using the microphone with sources high in transient response.
- Low Cut Roll-Off Switch
A low cut filter switch effectively minimizes hum and noise below 80 and 160 Hz (switchable).
- Advanced Output Circuitry
The U 89 I features improved output electronics that provide higher sensitivity and improved signal-to-noise ratio.
- Transducer: (Pressure Gradient) Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Wide-Angle Cardioid, Hyper-cardioid, Omni-directional and Figure-8
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 117 dB (A-Weighted)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio:
66 dB CCIR 468-3
77 dB DIN/IEC 651
- Maximum Input Sound Level:
134 dB, (@ 1kHz, 0.5% THD)
(140 dB with Preattenuation)
- Power Requirements: Phantom 48v (+/-4v)
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms
- Output Connectors: XLR-3M Type
- Pad: Yes, -6 dB Preattenuation
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: Yes, Switchable - 80 Hz or 160 Hz and 'LIN' position
prevents the output transformer of the microphone from being overloaded due to undesired subsonic frequencies
- Dimensions: 7.3 x 1.8" (185 x 46mm) L x Maximum Ddiameter
- Weight: 14.11 oz. (400 g)