The Neumann TLM-103D Digital Studio Microphone takes all of the qualities of the famous analog TLM-103, and incorporates professional grade A/D (analog-to-digital) conversion and remote control via software. Included in the package is the TLM-103D microphone, SG2 shockmount, storage case, AES/EBU XLR Cable, digital converter, and USB Cable.
The included A/D converter allows the mic to connect to a digital interface, such as the DMI-2. The microphone may be used independently, however the Neumann software will allow control over directional characteristic, pre-attenuation, low-cut filter, gain, various microphone status indicators, command indicators, and mute and phase reverse functions. With a feature set this extensive, it's apparent that Neumann's dedication to quality analog microphones is also prevalent in their digital series.
Note! The DMI-2 digital interface, available separately, provides this microphone with a digital connection.
- Large diaphragm cardioid microphone
- Pressure gradient transducer with with one-diaphragm capsule
- Includes swivel mount
- The legendary Neumann sound in the digital realm. Pure Neumann capsule sound.
- The satisfaction of recording the uncolored original, with no "bottlenecks" between the capsule and the recording system.
- The guarantee of having one of the best A/D converters available.
- Anti-clipping processing ensures handling safety, and reduces stress.
- Reduced time requirements and personnel costs, particularly due to faster post production processing.
- Lower investment costs, since separate A/D converters and preamps are no longer needed. This also means space and weight savings (e.g. in the OB van).
- Transducer: Pressure Gradient Transducer
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 127dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 87dB, (A-Weighted)
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 134dB
- Power Requirements: 48V Phantom (+/-4dB)
- Output Impedance: Not Specified by Manufacturer
- Output Connectors: 3-pin XLR (AES/EBU)
- Pad: Software Controlled Pre-attenuation: 0 , -6, -12, -18dB
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: Software Controlled Low-cut: Off, 40, 80, 160 Hz
- Dimensions (LxDiameter): 5.19 x 2.3" (132 x 58mm)
- Weight: 17.6 oz (499g)