The Neumann KM 185 D is a hypercardioid, pressure condenser microphone with an AES/EBU digital output and built-in A/D converter. Neumann continues to make strides in microphone technology with internal digital conversion and an AES/EBU 42 output standard that allows remote software operation with the DMI-2 digital microphone interface, or direct connection to AES inputs on digital mixers, field recorders, etc.
The capsule, polar pattern and sonic characteristics are similar to the KM 185 analog model and is intended for live sound reinforcement and broadcast as well as recording applications. The hypercardioid polar pattern minimizes noise and off-axis audio signal. Vocals and instruments are captured without feedback, and ambiance. The KM 185 D features a non-reflective finish.
Note! Requires DMI-2 interface, AES/EBU or S/PDIF kit for direct connection to the digital inputs on portable recorders, mixers, computer interfaces, etc.
- AES/EBU Digital Output
The KM 185 D features a 24-bit AES/EBU digital output stage and built-in A/D converter for direct connection to the AES/EBU inputs on field-recorders, digital mixers, or the Neumann DMI-2 direct remote control unit.
- AES/EBU 42 Standard
The digital output complies with the current AES/EBU 42 standard, which allows remote powering and software remote control via the optional DMI-2 interface.
- Hypercardioid Polar Pattern
The hypercardioid polar pattern minimizes off-axis noise and feedback.
- Compact Rugged Construction
The slim design and rugged construction allow easy microphone placement while remaining road worthy.
- Transducer: Pressure Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Hypercardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 124 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted: 81dB, 81dB, 79dBV according to IEC 60268-1; CCIR-weighting according to CCIR 468-3, quasi peak; A-weighting according to IEC 61672-1, RMS
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 137 dB @ 0 dBFS
- Power Requirements: Power supply (phantom power complying with AES 42)Supply voltage range: +7V to +10.5V
- Output Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Output Connectors: XLR-3M Type - AES/EBU 42 Standard
- Pad: None
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: None
- Dimensions: 4.28 x 0.88" (107 x 22mm) LxDiameter
- Weight: 2.82 oz. (80 g)