The Neumann KM 184D is a cardioid, pressure condenser microphone with an AES/EBU digital output and built-in A/D converter. Neumann continues to make strides in microphone technology with internal digital conversion and an AES/EBU 42 output standard. The included S/PDIF connection kit allows the microphone to be connected to the S/PDIF input of portable digital recorders, field mixers, etc.
The capsule, polar pattern and sonic characteristics are similar to the KM 184 analog model and is intended for live sound reinforcement and broadcast as well as recording applications. The cardioid polar pattern minimizes noise and off-axis audio signal. Vocals and instruments are captured without feedback, and ambiance. The KM 184D features a non-reflective finish.
- S/PDIF Connection Kit
The included S/PDIF connection kit allows the microphone to be connected to the S/PDIF input of portable digital recorders, field mixers, etc. The connection kit supports 24-bit digital audio at 44.1 kHz .
- AES/EBU Digital Output
The KM 184D features a 24-bit AES/EBU digital output stage and built-in A/D converter for direct connection to the AES/EBU inputs on field-recorders, digital mixers, or the Neumann DMI-2 direct remote control unit.
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
The cardioid polar pattern minimizes off-axis noise and feedback.
- Compact Rugged Construction
The slim design and rugged construction allow easy microphone placement while remaining road worthy.
- Transducer: Pressure Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 124 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted: 81dB, 81dB, 79dB according to IEC 60268-1; CCIR-weighting according to CCIR 468-3, quasi peak; A-weighting according to IEC 61672-1, RMS
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 137 dB @ 0 dBFS
- Power Requirements: Power supply (phantom power complying with AES 42)Supply voltage range: +7V to +10.5V
- Output Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Output Connectors: XLR-3M Type - AES/EBU 42 Standard
- Pad: None
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: None
- Dimensions: 4.28 x 0.88" (107 x 22mm) LxDiameter
- Weight: 2.82 oz. (80 g)
- S/PDIF Connection Kit (44.1 kHz )
- (WNS 100) Windscreen
- (SG 21/17MT) Stand Mount Swivel
- Wood Box
- 1 Year Warranty