The Neumann KM 183 D is an omnidirectional, pressure condenser microphone with an AES/EBU digital output and built-in A/D converter. Neumann continues to make strides in microphone technology with internal digital conversion and an AES/EBU 42 output standard that allows remote software operation with the DMI-2 digital microphone interface, or direct connection to AES inputs on digital mixers, field recorders, etc.
The capsule, polar pattern and sonic characteristics are similar to the KM 183 analog model and is intended for live sound reinforcement and broadcast as well as recording applications. The omnidirectional polar pattern provides a generous pick up area and is suitable for X,Y (with cardioid mic and baffle plate) stereo miking, ambiance miking or spot miking instruments such as piano, wind instruments organ and choir. The KM 183 D features a non-reflective finish.
Note! Requires DMI-2 interface, AES/EBU or S/PDIF kit for direct connection to the digital inputs on portable recorders, mixers, computer interfaces, etc.
- AES/EBU Digital Output
The KM 183D features a 24-bit AES/EBU digital output stage and built-in A/D converter for direct connection to the AES/EBU inputs on field-recorders, digital mixers, or the Neumann DMI-2 direct remote control unit.
- AES/EBU 42 Standard
The digital output complies with the current AES/EBU 42 standard which, allows remote powering and software remote control via the optional DMI-2 interface.
- Omnidirectional Polar Pattern
The omnidirectional polar pattern offers a generous pick up area, suitable for room ambiance capture as well as spot miking on piano, organ, wind instruments and choir.
- Compact Rugged Construction
The slim design and rugged construction allow easy microphone placement while remaining road worthy.
- Transducer: Pressure Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 124 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted: 81dB, 81dB, 79dBaccording to IEC 60268-1; CCIR-weighting according to CCIR 468-3, quasi peak; A-weighting according to IEC 61672-1, RMS
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 137 dB @ 0 dBFS
- Power Requirements: Power supply (phantom power complying with AES 42)Supply voltage range: +7V to +10.5V
- Output Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Output Connectors: XLR-3M Type - AES/EBU 42 Standard
- Pad: None
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: None
- Dimensions: 4.28 x 0.88" (107 x 22mm) LxDiameter
- Weight: 2.82 oz. (80 g)