The Neumann AK 43 microphone capsule is part of the KM 100 miniature series microphone systems. The AK 43 element features a pressure gradient, single diaphragm transducer with a wide-angle cardioid polar pattern.
Attenuation at 90 degrees is 4dB, at 135 degrees it is 8dB and at 180 degrees it is 11dB. The wide-angled cardioid pattern offers a more generous pick up area then conventional cardioid microphones, making it suitable for ambiance recording, vocal recording, stereo miking as well as close miking of instruments.
- Wide-Angled Cardioid Polar Pattern
The pressure gradient element provides a wide-angled cardioid pattern. Attenuation at 90 degrees is 4dB, at 135 degrees it is 8dB and at 180 degrees it is 11dB.
- Modular Design
The capsule is developed for use with the KM100 and KM100F modular power supplies.
- Transducer: Pressure Gradient Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Wide-Angle Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 122 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio:
69 dB Related at 1 Pa at 1 kHz (CCIR dB)
78 dB Related at 1 Pa at 1 kHz (A-Weighted dB)
- Maximum Input Sound Level:
138 dB Less than 0.5% THD (without Preattenuation)
148 dB Less than 0.5% THD (with Preattenuation)
- Power Requirements: Phantom +48v (KM 100 Power Supply)
- Output Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Output Connectors: XLR-3 Type (KM 100 Power Supply)
- Pad: Yes, -10 dB Preattenuation
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: Use KM 100F Power Supply
- Dimensions (LxDiameter): 3.68 x 0.88" (92 x 22mm)
- Weight: 2.82 oz. (80 g)