The Neumann AK 31 microphone capsule is part of the KM 100 miniature series microphone systems. The AK 31 features a pressure gradient, single diaphragm transducer with an omni-directional polar pattern.
The AK 31 produces a flat frequency response up to 20kHz. In the diffuse field the microphone has a high frequency roll-off above 5kHz. The microphone is best applied as a spot microphone for piano, wind instruments, strings, percussion and drums, room ambiance capturing or stereo recording.
- Omnidirectional Pattern
The pressure gradient element provides an omnidirectional pattern providing even frequency response and output levels.
- Modular Design
The capsule is developed for use with the KM100 and KM100F modular power supplies.
- Transducer: Pressure Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 124 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio:
69 dB, Related at 1 Pa at 1 kHz (CCIR dB)
78 dB, Related at 1 Pa at 1 kHz (A-Weighted dB)
- Maximum Input Sound Level:
140 dB, Less than 0.5% THD (without Preattenuation)
150 dB, Less than 0.5% THD (with Preattenuation)
- Power Requirements: Phantom +48v (KM 100 Power Supply)
- Output Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Output Connectors: XLR-3 Type (KM 100 Power Supply)
- Pad: Yes, -10 dB Preattenuation
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: Use KM 100F Power Supply
- Dimensions (LxDiameter): 3.68 x 0.88" (92 x 22mm)
- Weight: 2.82 oz. (80 g)