The Neumann AK 30 microphone capsule is part of the KM 100 miniature series microphone systems. The AK 30 features a pressure gradient, single diaphragm transducer with an omnidirectional polar pattern.
The AK 30 produces a flat frequency response up to 10kHz. In the free sound field the microphone has a boost of approximately 7dB at 10kHz. The microphone is best applied as a spot microphone for piano, wind instruments, strings, percussion and drums, room ambiance capturing or stereo recording.
- Omnidirectional Pattern
The pressure gradient element provides an omnidirectional pattern providing even frequency response and output levels.
- Modular Design
The capsule is developed for use with the KM100 and KM100F modular power supplies.
- Transducer: Pressure Gradient Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Bi-Directional (Figure-8)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 122.5 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio:
68 dB, Related at 1 Pa at 1 kHz (CCIR dB)
76.5 dB, Related at 1 Pa at 1 kHz (A-Weighted dB)
- Maximum Input Sound Level:
140 dB, Less than 0.5% THD (without Preattenuation)
150 dB, Less than 0.5% THD (with Preattenuation)
- Power Requirements: Phantom +48v (KM 100 Power Supply)
- Output Impedance: 50 Ohms
- Output Connectors: XLR-3M Type (KM 100 Power Supply)
- Pad: Yes, -10 dB Preattenuation
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: Use KM 100F
- Dimensions (LxDiameter): 4.4 x 0.88" (110 x 22mm)
- Weight: 3.6 oz. (102 g)