Most musical instrument sound pick-ups such as those in electric guitars are comprised of high impedance circuits driven by voltage, in other words by very small electrical current flow. Therefore, so-called MICROPHONICS (noise) becomes a critical problem. (Microphonics means noise that is generated when the cable is moved and or tapped when the cabling circuit is a high impedance link.) Guitar cables must be counter-measured against this, so, a conductive PVC layer is placed under the shield conductor in most cases even though it may have a bad affect on audio sound quality. Therefore, the conductive PVC (black carbon PVC) layer must be removed together with the shielding conductor when wiring, otherwise we receive a strange claim that the cable is shorting.
- Conductor: Details: 50/0.12ASize(mm(2)): 0.565mm(2) (#20AWG)
- Insulation: Ov. Dia.(mm): 2.7 diameter (0.106")Material: PEColor: Clear
- Sub-Shield: Ov. Dia.(mm): 3.3 diameter (0.130")Material: Conductive PVC (Carbon PVC)
- Color: Black
- Main-Shield: Served-Shield: Approx. 55/0.18A
- Jacket: Ov. Dia.(mm): 6.0 diameter (0.236")Material: PVCColor: Black
- Roll Sizes: 100m (328Ft) / 200m (656Ft)
- Weight per 100m (328Ft) roll: 5.1Kg
- Available Colors: Black
- Standard Roll Lengths:
- 164 feet
- 328 feet
- 656 feet
- Electrical & Mechanical Characteristics:
- DC Resistance at 20C: Inner Conductor: 0.033W/m(0.010W/Ft)Shield Conductor: 0.014W/m(0.0043W/Ft)
- Capacitance at 1kHz, 20C: 130pF/m (39.7pF/Ft)
- Inductance: 0.2H/m (0.061H/Ft)
- Electrostatic Noize*: 0.15mV Max.
- Electromagnetic Noise At 10kHz*: 0.07mV Max.
- Microphonics*: 0.3mV Max
- Insulation Resistance: 100000 MW m Min. at DC 500V , 20C
- Flex Life: 15,000 cycles
- Tensile Strength (26C, 65%RH): 578 N
- Emigration: Non-emigrant to ABS resin
- Applicable Temperature: -20C~ +60C(-4F~ +140F)
- * Using standard testing methods of Mogami Wire & Cable Corp.