The Electro-Voice 209 is a high-quality 8 inch, full-range loudspeaker for distributed sound systems.
An acoustically transparent dome encloses a small, centrally mounted free-edge cone which is used to improve high-frequency dispersion.
The 209 is suitable for use in applications requiring highly intelligible speech or smooth musical reproduction.
To ensure long-term reliability in installations, the 209-8A is designed to handle 10 watts continuous power (40 watts peak) of shaped white noise signal for eight hours per EIA RS-426-A 1980.
The 209-4T includes a transformer, allowing connection to 25/70/100-volt line, with taps of 0.5 to 4 watts. The 209-4TWB offers the same performance as the 209-4T and includes a premounted ceiling grille.
- Frequency Response: 80 - 15,000 Hz, +/-5 dB
- Power-Handling Capacity: 10 watts
- (per EIA RS-426-A 1980 (80 - 15,000 Hz bandlimited pink noise, 6 dB crest factor):
- Nominal: 8 ohms
- Minimum: 7 ohms (230 Hz)
- Sound Pressure Level: 94 dB (at 1 Meter, 1 Watt Input, 200-4,000 Hz Average)
- Maximum SPL: 104 dB for 10W @ 1M
- Voice-Coil Diameter: 2.54 cm (1.0 in.)
- Magnet Weight: 0.32 kg (0.72 lb)
- Magnet Material: Barium Ferrite
- Flux Density: 1.0 Tesla
- Speaker Frame: 22-gauge stamped steel
- Frame Color: Black
- 209-8A / 209-4T
- Diameter: 20.6 cm (8.1 in.)
- Height: 7.0 cm (2.75 in.)
- Diameter: 33.0 cm (13.0 in.)
- Height: 7.6 cm (3.0 in.)
- Net Weight:
- 209-8A: 1.0 kg (2.2 lb)
- 209-4T: 1.4 kg (3.0 lb)
- 209-4TWB: 1.6 kg (3.59 lb)
- Shipping Weight:
- 209-8A: 1.3 kg (2.9 lb)
- 209-4T: 1.7 kg (3.7 lb)
- 209-4TWB: 1.9 kg (4.1 lb)
- Transformer Input: 209-4T 25/70.7 (100 volt operation)