Applications for the BM6A cover every aspect of sound engineering and reproduction, including music and speech monitoring and mixing, radio station, OB vehicles, edit suites, post production, recording studios and playback rooms.
Their small size combined with their brilliant performance also make them suitable for use as rear channel speakers in surround systems. In combination with the BM14S it is also well suited for a full-blown 5.1 system in smaller rooms.
The BM 6A features an electronic 4th order phase-aligned crossover with a crossover point at 2.2kHz, which feeds two high performance discrete MOSFET amplifiers rated at 100W each.
The low frequency section is driven by a low frequency equalizer offering a choice between extended, critical damped response or more conventional higher Qt response for more level but less low frequency output. Included in the electronics is a complex protection circuit, which helps to prevent accidental damage to the drivers, yet still providing maximum transient response.
The BM 6A is housed with an elegant matte cabinet with radius edged construction on the front baffle to reduce boundary effects and improve overall sound quality.
- Handcrafted aluminum drivers
- High-resolution 1.1" soft dome tweeter, pure aluminum voice coil
- 7" woofer, pure aluminum voice coil
- 2 channel high grade 100-Watt RMS amplifier
- 118dB SPL peak power output
- Frequency response of 41Hz to 21kHz
- HF & LF analog trim filters
- Model: BM 6A
- System: 2-way Active Nearfield Monitor
- Frequency Response: 41 Hz - 21 kHz
- Max SPL 1m, pair (IEC Long Term): 118 dB RMS
- Max SPL 2m, 5.1 (IEC Long Term): 119,5 dB RMS
- Input level for 85 dB SPL @ 1m (+4/-10): -12 dBu RMS / -28 dBu RMS
- Input level for max peak SPL (+4/-10): +16 dBu peak / -1 dBu peak
- Power consumption: Idle: 25 W / Max: 200 W
- Amplifier power: Tweeter: 100 W / Woofer: 100 W
- Resonance Frequency: 49 Hz
- Internal Cabinet Volume: 9,5 liters
- Bass Principle: Bass reflex
- Crossover Frequencies: 2200 Hz
- Crossover Slope: 24 dB/oct
- Tweeter: Esotec 28 mm soft dome, rear chamber, Magnetic fluid. 4 mm die-cast alu front,
- Woofer: 17 cm, 75 mm pure alu wire voice coil, One piece molded polypropylene cone
- Weight: 11 kg
- Dimensions (WxHxL): 217 x 338 x 321 mm
- (Specs can change without notice)