Speaker cable must accommodate relatively high signal levels, typically tens to hundreds of watts of RMS power. Electromagnetic interference (EMI) can radiate from these speaker lines directly into adjacent low voltage cables (i.e. microphone, video lines, etc.). Canare solves this problem by using a 4-conductor "Star Quad" configuration in all of our 4S Series speaker cables. Because every conductor is located the same distance from the center, the opposing magnetic fields are cancelled out. Attenuation of magnetic field radiation is superior when compared to a standard 2-conductor speaker wire.
A lighter gauge, very flexible speaker cable, using 4 x 20 AWG insulated conductors. Good choice for high frequency components, short cable runs or DC line cords.
- Super Flexibility, even in Sub-Zero Weather
- Star Quad Design Reduces EMI Noise
- Low Capacitance and Resistance
- Std. Lng. ft. (m): 656 (200)
- Wt Std. Lng. lbs (kgs): 24 (11)
- Nom. O.D. in. (mm): .252 (6.4)
- PVC Jacket Nom. Thick. in. (mm): .032 (0.8)
- Brittle Point F (C): -56 (-49)
- No. of Cond.: 4
- Insul. Type* Thick mil: PE 19.7
- Cond-AWG (Qty./mil) Cross Sec. Area mil.2 Twin Cond. AWG**: AC-#20 (20/7.09) 791 #17
- Pitch of Quad in. (mm):
- Shield Coverage: -
- Electrical Performance/Quad Wired:
- Cond. D.C.R. ohm/1000ft (ohm/100m): 11.4 (3.7)
- Nom. Cap. *** pF/ft (pF/m): 38 (125)
- *Dielectric Strength = 500V AC/1min. Insulation Resistance/3Mft = >1000M ohm.
- **Effective AWG of combined twin conductors.
- ***Capacitance between twin Red and twin White conductors.
- PA Systems
- Hi-Fi Speakers
- DC Power Lines