MixWizard compact mixers have carved out a unique place in the pro audio
pantheon of professional multipurpose consoles. For years, and in every year, Allen & Heath has supplied thousands of MixWizards for hundreds of different applications, all of which have four requirements in common - great sound
, high quality, ease of use and lots of really useful features.
We now present the third generation of MixWizard, with even better sound
quality, new preamp
design, tailored EQ
frequencies, an extra mono
output on fader
which can switched to provide a sub-bass
mix from channel
aux 6, and several routing changes to make the engineer's life easier. Put together with new styling, extra lamp socket, new Sys-Link options and backup power
supply and it's easy to see that we just made the best even better.Features:
- Performance improvements with new mic preamp design and more responsive EQ.
- Channel phantom power switches and signal indicators added.
- Addition of a versatile 6x2 matrix on WZ314:4:2.
- User friendly options on aux sends and direct outputs.
- XLR lamp socket. New Syslink options.
- Slimmer build.
- Pluggable jumper links.
- Easy service construction.
- New meter moulding design.
- Extra feet on connector pod.
- Universal rack or desk mount.
- Dual stereo channel routing modes.
- New side trims for style and portability.
- Separate internal power supply module.
- Dual redundant power supply connector added.
- Balanced channel XLR normals through TRS for mic or line level XLR.
- Pre-EQ aux option added for pre-insert, post-mute.
- New surface mount technology
GRP/Aux mode switches reverse aux master
section with the group and LR faders, giving up to 6 monitor sends with inserts on 100mm faders. Another under panel switch converts the Mono
control and XLR
out to an engineer's listen wedge outputMono Inputs
/ line channels
with switchable 4 band EQ
, HPF, individual phantom power
, 6 auxes, on switch with led
and 100mm smooth action fader
. A direct out and insert
using all-metal TRS
jacks are providedDual Stereo Channels
The WZ314:4:2 has 2 dual stereo
as standard. ST1/3 & ST2/4 jacks have separate gain
controls and 'on' switch. Each stereo channel
has a 4 band EQ4 Audio Groups
Assigned from paired routing buttons and pan
. Groups access LR busses via a pan
control and on switch. Groups have XLR
outputs, 3 colour meters
and inserts in GRP mode6 Auxiliary Sends
6 auxiliaries, 1, 2 prefade (option: link to follow pre/post switch), 3-4 switchable pre/post fade
(option: permanently prefade) and 5 and 6 switchable pre/post. Aux masters are rotary controls with AFL
and can feed XLR
outputs with inserts when the GRP/Aux reverse switches are pressed4 Band EQ plus HPFMono channels
have separate controls for sweep and cut/boost on mid bands. HPF @ 100Hz is switchableMatrix
The WZ314:4:2 is now supplied with a two output matrix on TRS jack
as standard fed from groups 1 to 4 and LREngineer's ToolboxHeadphone
and wedge monitor controls. PFL
on all sections with led
and signal led
. 4 segment, 3 colour led meters
on GRP/Aux. 12 segment bar meter
on L & R follows the PAFL system. Channels
have direct outs [TRS
] for recording. 2 track
record / monitoring / replay. Talkback with trim
to all auxes, groups and LR. Oscillator
and pink noise
generator are provided for line-upPSU
High performance internal switched-mode power
supply. Universal mains
: Backup power
supply connector fitted.