ICE-16 records 16 tracks of audio directly to a USB key or hard drive. Just connect the 16 analogue inputs to any line level source (your mixer's direct outs are ideal), plug in your memory and press record to capture live shows, band rehearsals, conferences or services for mixing or playback afterwards.
ICE-16 also functions as a 16 x 16 channel interface to your computer in the studio, streaming high quality digital audio at 24bit, up to 96kHz sample rate over FireWire or high speed USB 2.0. Units can be linked to expand the channel count even further.
Live or in the studio, ICE-16 makes multitrack recording easy.
Multiple units can be daisy-chained over the FireWire bus, or kept in sync using the DIN connectors when recording on multiple USB devices, making iCE-16 the perfect companion for both small and large analogue consoles such as our acclaimed ZED, MixWizard and GL mixers. Plug into your desk Direct Outs or use a mix of Groups and Aux sends to save on channels.
The USB DRIVE is automatically detected and checked by the system. Starting the recording is as simple as pushing a button. Remove and plug the key into a computer to access or transfer the WAV files to any DAW.
Removing the USB stick or powering up the unit without one enables the USB / FireWire interface. Signals present at the inputs will be sent to the Mac or PC on channels 1-16. WDM/ASIO drivers and USB2.0 class compliance ensure full compatibility with most DAWs, including Logic, Sonar, Cubase and Pro Tools.
Fancy a 'virtual soundcheck' or just need to play cues during a live gig™ Tracks can be played back directly from the USB drive and full multichannel audio can be sent from the computer to the ICE-16 analogue Outputs.
- 16 analogue Inputs, 16 analogue Outputs
- Front USB socket for easy capture to USB storage devices
- Hybrid FireWire (IEE1394) / USB 2.0 16×16 audio interface
- Industry standard wav file format
- Up to 6 hours of 16 channel audio on a 32GB USB stick
- Signal Present and Peak LED metering on each channel
- Mono headphone bus for Input or Output monitoring
- Daisy chain multiple units over FireWire
- Sync two units for recording or playback beyond 16 tracks
- Familiar transport buttons and intuitive control