TRADITIONAL CRASH CYMBAL WITH MODERN TECHNOLOGY.
The SURGE 13" Crash Cymbal With Choke is the world's first crash cymbal with built-in electronic triggering. Edge or shoulder crashes, riding on the face of the SURGE Crash, or any other technique feels the way you'd expect a cymbal to feel.
Made from genuine cymbal brass-alloy, SURGE Cymbals have centuries of cymbal craftsmanship in their DNA, cross-bred with Alesis' decades of experience in electronic triggering technology.
SURGE Cymbals are the world's most realistic-looking, accurately responding, and most importantly, natural-feeling cymbal triggers in the world. Not pads in any way, SURGE Cymbals are true brass cymbals at their core with exclusive clear sound
dampening to cut the cymbals' acoustic sound
SURGE Cymbals employ industry-standard piezo
triggers, so they are easy to use with any existing electronic drumset, replacing those uninspiring hard black cymbal pads. Because they are cymbals, they mount on any cymbal stand so they are easy to integrate into both electronic and acoustic drum setups using any sound
module, or trigger-to-MIDI
converter. A large choke strip on the underside of the Crash and Ride cymbals sends a message to the sound
module to choke the cymbal sound
when activated - just like choking any other cymbal!
SURGE Cymbals are the only cymbals that integrate built-in electronic triggers with a custom brass alloy. They are the only choice for drummers who are serious about feel.
Also available: SURGE 12" Hi-Hat, SURGE 13" Crash without choke capability and SURGE 16" dual-zone Rides with and without choke capability.Features:
- Genuine lathed, brass-alloy cymbal
- Unique, patented design for maximum performance and acoustical sound reduction
- Built-in piezo triggering for industry-wide compatibility
- Incomparably realistic cymbal feel
- Traditional cymbal design
- True cymbal appearance
- Large choke strip on underside sends choke message to module
- Mountable on standard cymbal stands
- Includes cable for connection to module
- Compatible with most drum modules. See compatibility guide for details.
- Outputs: 1 TRS, 1/4" (9' cable included)
- Zones: crash and choke ("note off")
- Choke Trigger: plastic membrane on underside of cymbal