Awesome sounds, great action, unbelievable value....
Alesis introduced the QS8 in 1996, and shattered the price barrier for professional 88-note keyboards. Normal
working musicians - and those just aspiring to work more - could suddenly afford a no-compromise instrument for a very compromising price, and this tradition continues with the QS6.2 and QS8.2.
Featuring serious sounds for serious players, the QS synths are loaded with stunning pianos and keyboards, a soup-to-nuts collection of orchestral instruments, killer drum and percussion kits, and enough amazing synth textures, fat basses, and sizzling leads to keep dance musicians and remixers grooving into the next time zone. A deep programmable synth architecture and four-bus
effects processor add the finishing touches. And a wide variety of fresh samples are available from our extensive QCard library.
Whether you need an 88-note workhorse or a do-it-all synth, the QS8.2 and QS6.2 keep your fingers flying for a down-to-earth price.Features:
- True 64-voice polyphony
- QS8.2 features an 88-key, fully-weighted hammer-action keyboard with velocity and release velocity. QS6.2 has a 61-key synth-action keyboard with velocity, release velocity, and aftertouch
- 16MB of internal sound ROM (640 programs, 500 multitimbral mixes) including Alesis' acclaimed Stereo Grand Piano sound
- QCard expansion slot for adding 8MB of new samples and
programs from the comprehensive QCard library
- Onboard 4-bus multieffects with reverb, chorus, distortion,
EQ, delay, rotary speaker simulation, and more
- 4 edit/control sliders, pitch and mod wheels. 2 assignable pedal inputs plus sustain pedal input
- Method: QS Composite Synthesis. 16-bit linear 48kHz sample ROM with lowpass filter.
- Polyphony and parts: 64 voices, each with sweepable lowpass filter, 3 envelope generators, 3 LFOs, programmable effects send and QS Modulation Matrix, dynamic voice allocation. 16-part multitimbral (64-part multitimbral across 16 channels in QS Mix Mode).
- Audio section: Alesis 24-bit stereo DAC with 128x oversampling delta-sigma converter.
- Waveform memory: 16MB, expandable to 24MB via PCMCIA expansion card.
- QS Parallel Matrix Effects (4 independent stereo multieffect processing busses).
- SOUND LOCATIONS.
- Program mode: 512 preset, 128 user. Mix mode: 400 preset, 100 user.
- KEYBOARD & CONTROL.
- 88 hammer-action weighted keys with velocity and release velocity.
- Controllers: 4 control sliders. Programmable pitch and modulation wheels, and foot pedals.
- Audio outputs: Stereo L/R (1/4"), headphone (1/4").
- Other: Assignable aux pedal, sustain pedal. MIDI in, out, and thru.
- Expansion: Type I PCMCIA slot, compatible with QCards, SRAM and flash cards (up to 8MB) with 120ns access time or faster.
- POWER & DIMENSIONS.
- Power: Internal transformer.
- Dimensions (H x W x D): QS8.2 is 4.3" x 50.5" x 13.5" (110mm x 1283mm x 343mm).
- Weight: QS8.2 is 48.0 lbs (21.8 kg).