Ion: State-of-the-Art Analog
Modeling at an Affordable Price
Developed by innovative Alesis engineering and DSP
technology, the Alesis ION is a high-resolution analog
modeling synthesizer offering breakthrough processing power
control, and great value.
Built on a 500 MIPS processor platform (500 million instructions per second
), the ION offers continuously variable wave shapes, plus sync and FM
synthesis. 16 filter
types are included, along with two LFOs, Sample & Hold, and an Arpeggiator-all of which sync to MIDI clock
. The ION has 8-voice polyphony with 3 oscillators per voice, and is 4-part multi-timbral
. A powerful and intuitive modulation
matrix is built in, as well as a 40-band vocoder
that does not use up any polyphony.Features:
- 2-Way, 75 and 100 Watt active near-field reference monitors
- 5" (520) and 6.5" (620) low frequency woofer for clear bass and midrange
- 1" silk dome tweeter for clear highs without ear-fatiguing harshness
- High-precision drivers offer lower distortion and smoother frequency response
- Acoustical waveguide for superior imaging with minimal diffraction
- 1" thick front baffle virtually eliminates speaker resonance
- Magnetically shielded for close placement to video monitors in computer based music production studios
- 1/4" TRS connector with volume control
- Low Frequency Density Switch for acoustic space adjustment of the monitors
- Rear port design provides deep bass extension and increased SPL
- Hi, Mid, and Low Frequency EQ switches to accommodate user preference and sub-woofers
- Top mounted, integrated Power Switch/Clip Light Bar
- Bi-amplified Design / Tweeter - 30W, woofer - 65W
- Woofer. 6 1/4" lightweight, magnetically-shielded, ultra-stiff polypropylene cone with rubber surround and high power handling voice coil.
- Tweeter. 1" silk dome with magnetic shielding
- Frequency Response. 49 Hz - 20 kHz
- Crossover Frequency. 2.8 kHz.
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio. >100 dB below full output, unweighted.
- Inputs. XLR and 1/4" supporting
- both balanced and unbalanced cabling.
- Polarity. Positive signal on "+" pin creates forward cone displacement.
- Input Impedance. 20k ohms balanced or 10k ohms unbalanced.
- Input Sensitivity. 85 mV noise (pink) produces 90 dB(A) output SPL at 1 meter. Gain knob turned fully clockwise (maximum).
- Dimensions (W x H x D). 8.5" x 15.0" x 10.25" / 21.6 cm x 38.0 cm x 26.0cm.
- Net Weight (each speaker). 21 lbs / 9.6 kg.