Ion: State-of-the-Art Analog
Modeling at an Affordable Price
Developed by innovative Alesis engineering and DSP
technology, the Alesis ION is a high-resolution analog
modeling synthesizer offering breakthrough processing power
control, and great value.
Built on a 500 MIPS processor platform (500 million instructions per second
), the ION offers continuously variable wave shapes, plus sync and FM
synthesis. 16 filter
types are included, along with two LFOs, Sample & Hold, and an Arpeggiator-all of which sync to MIDI clock
. The ION has 8-voice polyphony with 3 oscillators per voice, and is 4-part multi-timbral
. A powerful and intuitive modulation
matrix is built in, as well as a 40-band vocoder
that does not use up any polyphony.Features:
- The ION features an ergonomic user interface with 3 variably-illuminating control wheels and 31 amply spaced control knobs. The knobs are 360 degree potentiometers with 12-bit resolution, yielding 32 times the resolution of a typical MIDI controller, yet still compatible with the latest sequencers via NRPNs (Non-Registered Parameter Numbers). The result is extraordinary precision-void of any undesirable digital artifacts-and a very "analog" sound throughout the entire frequency range.
- A 160x160 graphic display provides instant visual feedback as a parameter is edited. The ION keyboard contains 49 velocity-sensitive keys, 4 analog outputs and 2 stereo analog inputs (all balanced and using 24-bit conversion), 4 individual insert effects, a stereo master multi-FX processor, and an internal universal power supply.
- Developed by a world-class sound design team, many of whom programmed the flagship Andromeda synthesizer, the ION's 512 user-rewritable presets cover a variety of genres, including many exciting new tonalities, as well as classic synth emulations. New sounds will also be available from the Alesis website, as will a Flash demo of the ION.
- Sound Engine
- Sound Generation: Alesis proprietary DSP Analog Modeling
- Polyphonic Voices: 8, each with 3 oscillators, 2 multi-mode filters, 3 envelope generators, 2 LFOs, programmable effects send and modulation matrix.
- Program Memory: 512 Preset Programs, 64 Multi-timbral Setups, all user-rewritable Effects: 4 Drive Effects (1 each per Part) plus Master Effects (Shared)
- Audio Input
- Input Connectors: 2 Balanced 1/4" TRS jacks
- Maximum Input Level: +5.2dBu (1.41VRMS) = -0dBFS
- Input Impedance: 10kW
- Audio Output
- Output Connectors: 4 Impedance-Balanced 1/4" TRS jacks, (0)" TRS Headphone Jack
- Maximum Output Level: +18dBu (6.15 VRMS) = -0dBFS
- Output Impedance: 1kW
- Audio Performance
- Signal To Noise Ratio: >95 dB A-weighted, Ext In to Main or Aux Out
- THD+N: < 0.005%, External In to Main or Aux Out
- Frequency Response: 20-20kHz +/- 0.20dB, External In to Main or Aux Out
- Power Consumption: 12 Watts max (100-240VAC/50-60Hz)
- Keyboard: 49 keys (velocity, release velocity sensitive)
- Real-Time Controllers: 30 360-degree Parameter Knobs, 2 Assignable Modulation Wheels, Assignable Pitch Wheel
- Pedal Jacks: Assignable Exp pedal jack, Sustain pedal jack
- MIDI Connections: MIDI In, MIDI Out, MIDI Thru
- Audio Outputs: Main L/R , Aux L/R, Headphone (1/4" TRS)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 33.0" x 3.75" x 13.0" / 838.20 x 95.25 x 330.20mm
- Weight: 20 lbs / 9 kg