Create the tone you've always wanted using the power of your iPad.
Virtual Becomes Reality
The AmpDock (patent pending) harnesses the massive processing power of iPad, allowing you to unleash your ultimate guitar tone. Building upon the design and technology of the widely acclaimed Alesis iO Dock, the AmpDock is the world's first device for guitarists that enables tonal shaping through iPad's processor. The AmpDock fully encloses your iPad or iPad 2 in a rugged and portable device made especially for guitarists and bassists. Whether you're in the studio or on the stage, the AmpDock helps you create "the sound in your head" with real controls and professional inputs and outputs that work with virtually any app, as well as your amp and pedal setup.
The AmpDock houses your iPad or iPad 2 in a durable enclosure that features a locking door to fully integrate your iPad and protect it on all sides. The AmpDock's professional inputs and outputs include a 1/4" high-impedance guitar input and an XLR-1/4" combo input for connecting a microphone, a second guitar or another instrument. The AmpDock also includes 1/4" outputs with Guitar/Mic and Ground Lift switches, so you can connect to your guitar amp or go straight into a PA. For use with software MIDI applications on your Mac or PC, the AmpDock also includes a USB MIDI port. A headphone output with volume control is also onboard, so you can practice and experiment with your apps at any time, day or night.
The AmpDock also comes with a rugged pedalboard controller, which enables you to control volume and other continuous controls, bypass, program changes, and other parameters. You can use the AmpDock with or without its pedalboard controller, and MIDI connections enable you to use the AmpDock with other pedal controllers and MIDI hardware.
The Power of iPad
The AmpDock gives you all the controls you need to use your favorite guitar apps while performing or recording. Fire up apps like GarageBand, AmpliTube or JamUp, and use AmpDock's controls to instantly switch between your presets or activate effects. AmpDock's two assignable knobs give you instant control over whatever parameters you choose, and the AmpDock's included pedalboard empowers you with control over your apps that was previously impossible: Use the Program Up/Down buttons to instantly switch between your presets, and use the FX button to unload powerful effects at will. AmpDock's pedalboard even includes an expression pedal that can be used for volume control or to send MIDI control changes like wah, frequency, or delay. You'll also have instant access to Main, Headphone, Input 1, and Input 2 level controls with dedicated knobs on the AmpDock for easy adjustment of these crucial settings.
Studio or Stage
The AmpDock is designed to help you perform in any situation. Whether you're practicing, recording, or in front of an audience, the AmpDock is easy to fit into your personal setup. The AmpDock has a built-in kickstand allowing it to sit securely above the handle on top of most guitar amps. You can also mount the AmpDock on a mic stand using the Alesis Module Mount (sold separately).
You'll never need to place your valuable iPad on the floor, or stomp footswitches right next to your iPad's glass screen! And like the popular Alesis iO Dock, the AmpDock has a rock-solid 30-pin dock connector embedded in its body, so you'll never have to worry about clumsy cables and connectors. Just slide your iPad in the AmpDock, close the door, and you're ready to jam.
Unrivaled guitar processing power at your fingertips: the AmpDock, only from Alesis.
- The first professional guitar processor to use your iPad or iPad 2 for signal processing
- Works with GarageBand, JamUp, and virtually any audio or CoreMIDI app
- Includes a rugged pedalboard controller with program, effect, bypass, volume and continuous controls
- Guitar Input 1 and switchable Mic/Line/Guitar Input 2; professional outputs, and MIDI jacks
- Kickstand allows for stable positioning on top of guitar amps
- Hinged door completely encloses and secures your iPad
- Supports GarageBand, AmpliTube and other CoreMIDI apps.
- Mountable to a mic stand using the Alesis Module Mount (sold separately)
- 1/4" high-impedance guitar input and combo input for microphone, second guitar, or another instrument
- 1/4" outputs with Guitar/Line impedance switch
- Stereo auxiliary outputs for connection to external effects
- Two assignable endless knobs to control parameters in compatible apps
- Analog Input 1, Input 2, Main, and Headphone volume controls
- MIDI input and outputs and USB MIDI jack for use with other controllers and MIDI software or hardware
- (1) - High Impedance Guitar Input
- (1) - XLR/ 1/4" Combo Jack for switchable for Guitar, Line Level, and Phantom Power
- (2) - 1/4" unbalanced Auxiliary Outputs
- (2) - 1/4" balanced Outputs
- (1) - 1/4" Stereo Headphone Output
- Ground Lift Switch
- Class Compliant USB 1.1 and 5-pin DIN MIDI I/O
- True Bypass
- AmpDock: 12.6"W x 2.9"H x 9.7"L
- Pedalboard: 12.2"W x 1.9"H x 8"L
- AmpDock: 3.0 lbs
- Pedalboard: 6.0lbs
- AmpDock Pedalboard Controller
- iPad 2 Adapter
- Pedalboard Interconnection Cable
- Power Supply
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Guide