The SST4 is the first stereo transmitter ever to combine all the features required for professional in-ear monitoring in a single, compact device. The SST4 allows the input signal to be processed individually to meet the requirements of both the artist and the sound system environment. An integrated dbx compressor, many EQ settings, and optimized binaural room simulation algorithms provide outstanding high performance signal processing flexibility.
Preprogrammed frequency preset banks ensure an easy and reliable startup. Up to 14 intermodulation-free channels* can be used within a 30 MHz wide UHF band. In addition, up to 1200 frequencies can be selected manually. These features allow the IVM 4 to be used together with any AKG WMS400 or WMS4000 wireless microphone system. The SST4 lets you adjust the RF output within the approved range, which is particularly important when the in-ear monitor system is used together with a complex wireless microphone system. This allows optimum system matching for improved reliability.
A complete line of accessories is available for multichannel applications.
A large, backlit display gives a clear picture of all important settings and levels. When used in dark environments, the brightness of the display can be reduced.
The input signal level is digitally adjustable within a range of +/-20 dB. A pair of Loop Out jacks carries the unprocessed input signal for daisy-chaining several SST4s.
HiQnet - Harman System Architect
The SST4 can be integrated into a HiQnet system with the optional HUB4000Q. With the Harman PC control software System Architect the SST4 can be remote controlled and monitored from a PC. The setup and configuration of the frequency management of a multichannel wireless system is incredibly easy within Harman System Architect with tools like 1 Click Setup, RF Monitor, Device Manager and Environment Scan.
Wireless iPhone App
Want to check your wireless system from your iPhone™ With the AKG Wireless iPhone App, you can monitor and control an AKG wireless system from your iPhone or iPod touch via Wi-Fi.
- Stereo transmitter with compact all-metal case
- Professional digital signal processing: dbx compressor, EQ, binaural room, simulations for a natural listening experience
- RF output adjustable up to 100 mW
- Available in four 30 MHz wide UHF bands with 1200 frequencies each
- Preprogrammed frequency preset banks
- Backlit display and jog control for ease of use
- Integration into a HiQnet system with optional HUB4000Q
- Carrier frequency range: 500 to 530, 570 to 600, 790 to 820, 835 to 865 MHz
- Audio bandwidth: 35 Hz to 20 kHz
- THD: <0.8% typ.
- Signal/noise ratio: >90 dB(A) typ.
- Modulation: FM, MPX Stereo
- RF radiation: up to 100 mW
- Audio Inputs: 2 x XLR/jack hybrid connector; max. 10 dBV
- Dimensions: 200 x 44 x 190 mm (7.8 x 1.7 x 7.4 in.)
- Net weight: 1,070 g (2.36 lbs)
- Patent(s): Remaining battery life (Patent no. AT 408.280, GB 2.349.230, US 6,344,730)
- Method of Simulating Sound Impression (Patent no. EP 641.143 (DE, DK, FI, FR, GB, IT, NL), JP 3.565.908, US 5.544.249)
- Stereo Multiplex Encoder (Patent no. ZL 0211301956)