With its new Discreet Acoustics Compact Series (DAC
), AKG offers a cost efficient alternative for installations where a lean budget has top priority. This is why the DAC
Series goosenecks come with only one flexible section, a rigid connection between gooseneck
, and a 3-pin standard XLR connector
for joining the gooseneck
to the cable.
The Discreet Acoustics Compact Series offers a user-friendly system that fulfils its basic functions just perfectly. While an excellent price-performance ratio was achieved by focusing on essential features, no compromise was made with regard to the sound
of the capsules.
Each of these capsules provides the outstanding, "legendary" AKG sound
that enjoys worldwide popularity and accounts for the company's success. Acoustic excellence made in Austria by AKG!
You can choose between goosenecks 30 or 50 cm
(12 or 20 in.) long, with either a cardioid
or hypercardioid polar pattern
, and a cardioid
hanging module. For the tough requirements of everyday usage, the DAC
Series features rugged all-metal parts and is designed as a true plug-and-play solution. Quick setup and takedown as well as permanent installations all are possible.
The new Discreet Acoustics Compact Series is the unique alternative for applications where budget, not modularity, is a major consideration. Moreover, the Compact Series can be combined with the Modular Series, so that modules with additional features can be used as well wherever they are actually needed.
The hypercardioid polar pattern
with its narrow 95 pickup angle is suited best for situations where noise
typically occurs from all sides (particularly in worship centers), where people talk into the microphone
from a greater distance, or where several talkers are grouped side by side.
Two different lengths are available. The flexible joint ensures optimum alignment of the gooseneck
to any talker position. Several options are available for installation, i.e., stand, tabletop installation, and lockable.Features:
- Hypercardioid polar pattern
- 30 or 50 cm (12 or 20 in.) long
- 95 pickup angle
- For acoustically difficult environments
- Connects easily via XLR connector
- Polar pattern: Hypercardioid
- Pickup angle: 95
- Frequency range: 50 to 19,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 12 mV/PA = -38 dBV re 1 V/Pa
- Max. SPL: 125 dB (for 1% THD)
- Equivalent noise level: <21 dB-A
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): >73 dB
- Impedance: <=600 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >=2,000 ohms
- Supply voltage: 9 to 52 V phantom power to DIN 45596 (DPA adapter integrated)
- Current consumption: <3 mA
- Connector: 3-pin male XLR
- Finish: matte dark grey
- Dimensions: CGN 323: 13.5 dia. x 380 length mm (0.5 dia. x 15 length in.), CGN 523: 13.5 dia. x 580 length mm (0.5 dia. x 23 length in.)
- Net weight: CGN 323: 160 g (5.7 oz.), CGN 523: 170 g (6 oz.)
- Shipping weight: CGN 323: 480 g (17 oz.), CGN 523: 500 g (17.7 oz.)