AKG's C451 65th Anniversary Edition condenser embodies sound from the legendary C451 EB with the CK1 capsule delivering stunning quality and precision. It combines attractive design and high-quality "TITAN-Look" finish with stunning sound quality. Since its introduction in 1969, the C451 has been continuously improved and has demonstrated its durability under the harshest onstage environments. The C451 65th Anniversary Edition's transformerless preamp enables high sound pressure capability, allowing for close miking of high-energy sound sources up to 155 dB SPL without distortion.
The C451 65th Anniversary Edition's reference small-diaphragm is an excellent tool for capturing the smallest details of any instrument due to its lightweight membrane and sophisticated acoustic design, which makes it the perfect choice for accurately capturing drums, percussion, acoustic guitar and overhead miking. This valuable limited edition is hand-crafted in Vienna, Austria with highest attention to detail.
- Limited Edition hand-crafted in Vienna, Austria with highest attention to detail
- Attractive design with high-quality "TITAN-Look" finish
- Sound of the legendary C451 EB + CK1 capsule delivering stunning quality and precision
- Established tour sound standard since the 1980s for excellent sound quality even under harsh onstage conditions
- Impressive sound pressure level capability of 155 dB SPL allows close miking of high-energy sound sources without distortion
- Highly effective high-pass filter with 12 dB / octave prevents low-end distortion caused by rumble or wind noise
- Transfomerless preamp and surface mounted technology provides extremely low distortion, highest reliability and less weight
- Extremely accurate signal transfer and ruler-flat on-axis frequency response for convincing sound quality without coloration
- Precise, nearly frequency-independent cardioid for perfect off-axis response
- Polar pattern: cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 9 mV/Pa (-41 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 135/145/155 dB (0/-10/-20 dB) (k=0,5%)
- Equivalent noise level (IEC 60268-4): 29 dB
- Equivalent noise level (IEC 60268-4, A-weighted): 18 dB-A
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 76 dB
- Preattenuation pad: 0 dB, 10 dB, 20 dB selectable
- Bass filter: flat, 12 dB/octave at 75 or 150 Hz, selectable
- Impedance: <200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >1000 ohms
- Supply voltage: 9 to 52 V phantom power to DIN 45596
- Powering: <2 mA
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Finish: semiglossy matte titan
- Net weight: 125 g / 4.4 oz.
- Shipping weight: 760 g / 1.7 lbs.
- Patent(s): Electrode support for condenser transducer (Patent no. AT 392.182, DE 4.021.661)