One of the basic rules of recording is that the quality of the recorded signal is determined by the weakest link in the signal chain. Today, any microphone needs to match the high quality of 24-bit recording media.
Therefore, one of the most important requirements for the C2000B was high sensitivity. This allows you to lay clean, noise-free tracks with no risk of noise levels from many individual tracks combining in the mix. Its high SPL capability makes the C2000B a highly versatile microphone that can be used even for extremely loud instruments.
The C2000B will give perfect results for demo recordings, in the rehearsal room, as well as in the best recording studios.
- Ideal multitrack recording "workhorse" thanks to very low self noise
- Cardioid polar pattern for multiplicity of applications
- Exceptionally smooth frequency response
- Polar pattern: cardioid
- Frequency range: 30 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV)
- Max. SPL: 140/150 dB (k=0,5%)
- Equivalent noise level (IEC 60268-4): 30 dB
- Equivalent noise level: 20 dB-A
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 74 dB
- Preattenuation pad: 10 dB, switchable
- Bass filter: 6 dB/octave below 500 Hz
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >1000 ohms
- Supply voltage: 9 to 52 V phantom power to DIN 45596
- Powering: <2 mA
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Finish: silver gray
- Net weight: 325 g / 11.5 oz.
- Shipping weight: 950 g / 2 lbs.
- Patent(s): Electrode support for condenser transducer (Patent no. AT 392.182, DE 4.021.661); Electrostatic transducer (Patent no. AT 411.513, US 6,510,231)
- H85 Universal shock mount
- Hard shell road case