IK Multimedia EQ P50B Plug-In
Emailed within 1-3 Business Days
- Lifetime Tech Support!
- 30 Day Returns!
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- Works within the T-RackS CS Standalone
- Analog-Modeled Vintage Classic
- High-Quality Oversampling
- Full-Latency Compensation
- Sampling Rates Up to 192 kHz
Following in the Footsteps of Its Simpler Three Band P50A Brother, the EQ P50B Module Expands in Flexibility by Adding a Fourth EQ Band.
This module is so great sounding because of the rather simple all-discrete circuit schematic of the original hardware it's based on, whose key point is the 2520 op-amp. Its four peaking bands with seven selected frequencies cover the whole spectrum and then some. It also allows for the overlapping of bands for complex EQ shapes - this is invaluable in mixing sessions where the proper EQ is the key to finding the right balance and position of a track within a mix.
Simplicity, though, doesn't mean lack of tone: the EQ P50B doesn't have many of the bell and whistle features others offer - like complex and eye-catching but oftentimes distracting displays. The ease of use of its two knobs per band enhances the analog feel of the module by providing the instant gratification of turning a knob and hearing a result.
The same "make it better" approach to the user interface of the digital model applied to the 3 band version was kept in the EQ P50B: the dual concentric knobs of the original hardware have been split for better usability and an uncluttered view. Band gain is also stepped in 1 dB (1.5 dBs towards the end of throw) increments for finer resolution.
The four-band design is particularly useful for exploring all of the complex facets of midrange critical tracks, like guitars, vocals, pianos or strings. Having two midrange dedicated bands - that span from 75Hz to 12.5KHz overlapping in some points - allows it to perform a variety of boosts and cuts that will shape the track and make it fit. Low and high bands can be conveniently switched to shelving mode for broader strokes if needed.
- Fully compatible with Mac OS X (Universal Binary), and Windows (XP / Vista / 7 / 8)
- Supported plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, AAX, and Audio Units
- Works within the T-RackS CS Standalone application
- High-quality oversampling
- High-precision and high-transparency digital processors
- Accurately analog-modeled vintage classic devices
- Full-latency compensation support
- Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz
- DSM and SCC proprietary IK technologies for extremely accurate digital models of analog hardware devices
- Native compatibility with 64-bit applications and operating systems
Mac (64 bit CPU, 32 or 64 bit Mac OS)
- Minimal: 1.5 GHz Intel processor, 1 GB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
- Supported Plug-in formats: Audio Units, VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).
- Note: on 64 bit systems, the plug-in also works in 32 bit compatibility mode.
Windows (32 and 64 bit)
- Minimal: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64,
- 1 GB of RAM, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- Supported Plug-in formats: VST, RTAS, AAX (32 and 64-bit).