Heil Sound PR 30 Dynamic Cardioid Studio Microphone (Champagne)
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- Large Dynamic Element
- Steel Housing
- Internal Sorbothane Shock Mount
- Super Cardioid Pickup Pattern
- Ideal for Guitar Amps
- Assembled in the USA
Dynamic Cardioid Large-Diaphragm Studio Microphone (Champagne)
The HEIL PR 30 microphone steps up the professional audio game by adding a hum bucking coil in addition to the shock-mounted large 1.5" low mass diaphragm to virtually run noise-free in most any situation. When working in close proximity to PC monitors in the studio, or near neon lights, or other electrical sources on stage, the PR 30 is the microphone to use for quiet, flawless operation on drums, guitar cabinets and vocals.
The PR 30 is often compared to high priced ribbon microphones for its wide frequency response and immaculate sound quality. The difference is the PR 30 is able to withstand sound pressure levels that would decimate ribbon microphones.
The PR 30 is perfect as a guitar and amplifier cabinet microphone, as well as for drums, but it is also right at home as a vocal microphone, thanks to its internal passive filtering and uniquely designed screen, which virtually eliminates popping and sibilance during up-close vocals. The versatility and quality built into the PR 30 make it the choice of some of the top professional musicians, producers, and broadcasters in today's world.
With the PR 30 you get the PR 30, along with an adjustable cast metal mic holder in a foam-fitted box.
Heil Sound, Ltd. warrants all microphones to the original purchaser for a period of three years (parts) and ninety days (labor) from the date of purchase.
- Ribbon-Like Sound
- The large dynamic element has a smooth frequency response with a natural and articulate midrange, providing a ribbon-like sound
- Wide Dynamic Range
- The large size and low mass of the microphone element, combined with a powerful NdFeB magnet structure, give the microphone a cardioid pattern with exceptional off-axis rejection, and the ability to capture high SPLs while providing a wide dynamic range
- Specialized Screen System
- The microphone's screen system uses two different mesh screens and an internal filter to keep sibilance and plosives to a minimum
- Internal Shock Mount
- The internal Sorbothane mount decouples the microphone element from the body, reducing the effects of handling noise
- Heavily Shielded
- The rugged steel body and internal hum bucking coil shield the microphone, allowing you to use it near video monitors and noisy light fixtures
- Assembled in the USA
- The PR 30 is assembled and tested in Illinois
- Product: PR 30
- Output Connection: 3 pin XLR
- Element Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz - 18 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Super Cardioid
- Rear Rejection @ 180 degrees off axis: -40 dB
- Impedance: 370 ohms balanced
- Output Level: -51 dB @ 1 kHz
- Weight: 9 oz
- Max SPL: 146 dB