Gefen EXT-DVI-FM500 DVI Fiber Optic Extender
PA SKU # GEF EXTDVIFM500 MFR # EXT-DVI-FM500 UPC # 845344008295
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- DVI over Fiber
- Resolutions Up to 1920 x 1200
- Transmission Up to 5000'
- Automatic EDID Programming
Extends Hi-Res DVI up to 5000 feet Over 2 Strand Fiber Optic CablesPainless, reliable DVI extension over fiber - with built-in DVI-to-fiber signal converters and EDID storage, all in a tiny form factor!
The DVI-FM500 Extender lets you extend your DVI source up to 5,000 feet away using a 100% fiber optic extension solution. Attractive and compact DVI-to-fiber modules connect to each other via just two LC fiber optic cable strands. Extender units fit neatly behind equipment for a clean installation.
The on the fly EDID programming feature enables quick and correct synchronization of the video resolution to the display without any manual configuration. It's a great way to extend DVI easily and cleanly.
How It Works
The DVI FM 500 Sender unit plugs into a DVI port (either a computer source or another device transmitting a DVI signal). The DVI FM 500 Receiver unit plugs into a DVI display - up to 5,000 feet away. Two-strand LC fiber optic cable connects the DVI FM 500 Sender unit and the DVI FM 500 Receiver units to each other. Power is connected to the DVI FM 500 receiver using the 5V wall adapter and a crisp, vibrant HD picture appears on the display.
Optical signal transmission provides immunity from electromagnetic interference (EMI).
The distance that DVI can be extended will depend on the type of fiber optic cable used.
For a maximum resolution of 1920x1200 at 60 frames per second (60 Hz), the distances possible are as follows:
Single mode: 9(8)/125 µm core: 1500m (5,000 ft)
Multi mode: 50(62.5)/125 µm core: 500m (1,500 ft)
An external +5VDC power adapter is generally required for the receiver module. Most video cards can provide +5V DC power to the transmitter module but it also has provision for external power. Both power supplies are included.
This device is not HDCP compliant
- Extends DVI up to 5,000 feet (1500 meters) using single-mode(8/125 µm or 9/125 µm) fiber cable
- Extends DVI up to 1,500 feet (450 meters) using multi-mode (50 µm or 62.5 µm) fiber cable
- Supports resolutions up to 1920 x 1200
- Supports DDWG standard for DVI-compliant monitors
- EDID Programming feature enables quick and correct sync of source to display
- Fully supports DVI 1.0 and DDC2B via virtual DDC
- Supports both singlemode and multimode fiber optic cable types
- Fiber cable provides immunity from electromagnetic interference (EMI)
- Maximum Pixel Clock: 165MHz
- Input Video Signal: 1.2V p-p
- Input DDC Signal: 5V p-p (TTL)
- Supported fiber types: single-mode 89µm (5000 feet) or multi-mode 50/62.5µm (1500 feet)
- Default EDID: UXGA (1600 x 1200)
- Video Input Connector (Sender): (1) DVI-D (19 pin), male (digital only)
- Video Output Connector (Receiver): (1) DVI-D (19 pin), male (digital only)
- Link Connectors (Sender / Receiver): (2) Type LC (1 Duplex) fiber connectors
- LED Indicators (Sender / Receiver): (1) EDID Status
- Program Button (Sender): EDID Program (recessed)
- Fiber Cable: CAB-2LC-XXX (62.5/125µm multi-mode)
- Power Supply (Receiver): 5V DC (Second power supply included for use if source does not provide 5V power for Sender over DVI connector)
- Power Consumption: 2.5W (max.)
- Operating Temperature: 0°C - 50°C
- Storage Temperature: -10°C - 85°C
- Operating Humidity: 5% - 85%
- Dimensions (Sender / Receiver): 1.5" W x 2.5" D x 0.5" H
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs.
- (1) DVI FM 500 Sender unit
- (1) DVI FM 500 Receiver unit
- (2) 5V DC Power Supply
- (1) User Manual
Write Your Own Review