Gefen EXT-DVI-FM15 DVI Fiber Optic Extender
PA SKU # GEF EXTDVIFM15 MFR # EXT-DVI-FM15 UPC # 845344044903
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Extends DVI up to 3300 feet to a Display Supporting Resolutions up to 1920x1200 Using a Single-Strand Fiber Optic Cable
Extends DVI up to 3300 feet to a Display Supporting Resolutions up to 1920x1200 Using a Single-Strand Fiber Optic CableModular DVI extension using a single-strand multimode fiber optic cable with Virtual EDID
The DVI fiber optic module extender with Virtual EDID extends DVI up to 3300 feet (1 km) to a display supporting resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA) using a single-strand 50/125um laser-optimized multimode (OM3) SC-terminated fiber optic cable. Optical signal transmission provides galvanic isolation and immunity to electromagnetic interference compared to similar copper-based extension modules.The Virtual EDID feature programs the display EDID into the Sender module to ensure fast integration and compatibility between the source and the display. The attractive and compact Sender and Receiver modules fit neatly behind the equipment for a clean installation, making it a great way to extend DVI.
How It Works
The Sender module plugs into the DVI source. The Receiver module plugs into the display. Connect a single-strand multimode SC-terminated fiber optic cable from the Sender to the Receiver module. Plug the power supply into the Receiver module and a vibrant Hi-Def picture will appear on your display.
Note: The Sender module does not need to be powered externally unless the source does not supply enough power through the DVI connector.
- Extends DVI up to 3300 feet (1 kilometer) over a single-strand of OM3 (laser-optimized 50/125mum) multimode fiber optic cable
- Extends DVI up to 1650 feet (500 meters) over a single-strand of OM2 (conventional 50/125mum) multimode fiber optic cable
- Extends DVI up to 1000 feet (300 meters) over a single-strand of OM1 (62.5/125mum) multimode fiber optic cable
- Supports resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA)
- Virtual EDID allows EDID copying from the display to the source
- Fiber optic transmission eliminates electromagnetic interference (EMI)
- Sturdy metal die-cast enclosures are perfect for professional and industrial applications
- Compact Sender and Receiver modules provide a clean, easy installation
- Use Gefen CAB-1SC-xxxx OM1 Fiber Optic Link Cables for distances from 30 - 330 feet (9-100 meters)
- FCC and CE compliant for EMI/RFI emission
- Maximum Pixel Clock: 165 MHz
- Video Input Connector (Sender): DVI-D, 19-pin, male
- Video Output Connector (Receiver): DVI-D, 19-pin, male
- Link Connector (Sender / Receiver): (1) Type SC fiber (50/125mum)
- Power Supply (Sender): 5V DC (not needed for most applications)
- Power Supply: (Receiver): 5V DC
- Power Consumption (Receiver): 0.95 W (max.)
- Operating Temperature: +32 to +122 °F (0 to +50 °C)
- Storage Temperature: -22 to +158 °F (-30 to +70 °C)
- Relative Humidity: 5% to 85%
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 1.96" x 0.59" x 2.98" (49.78mm x 14.98mm x 75.69mm)
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs. (0.91 kg)
- (1) DVI Fiber Optic (Dongle Modules) (Sender Module) (EXT-DVI-FM15S)
- (1) DVI Fiber Optic (Dongle Modules) (Receiver Module) (EXT-DVI-FM15R)
- (2) 5V DC Power Supply (EXT-PS51AIP-1.3)
- (1) Quick-Start Guide (QSG-DVI-FM15)
Write Your Own Review