Gefen EXT-DVI-EDIDN DVI Detective N
PA SKU # GEF EXTDVIEDIDN MFR # EXT-DVI-EDIDN UPC # 845344032719
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Use When Switching/Changing DVI Displays
- EDID Data Repository
- No Power Required After Programming
- Supports Resolutions Up to 3840 x 2400
Stores DVI EDID Information with Locking EDID and Program ButtonSave the EDID. Now easier to use with external controls.
Displays use EDID - Extended Display Identification Data - to communicate to computers the array of video resolutions and timings that they are capable of displaying. In certain situations this data can be lost resulting in incorrect display settings, or even a complete loss of video. The DVI Detective N solves this problem by ensuring that a correct EDID signal is constantly available to the DVI source, even if the display is switched to a different computer.
Gefen has designed the DVI Detective N for quick and easy programming and installation. After a simple EDID recording process is completed, the Detective is placed at the DVI output of the computer's video card where it will provide the computer with a constant EDID signal.
The DVI Detective N is equipped with DVI ports, but it is also compatible with VGA through the use of optional adapters.
How It Works
To program the Detective, first connect it to the DVI or VGA input of the display that is being used. For the programming process only, the Detective is powered by an included 5V DC power supply. Disable the write protect switch, depress the program button, and after a few seconds EDID recording is complete. The Detective can now be disconnected from the display and power supply and relocated in the video distribution chain at the output of the computer's video card. The Detective will receive 5V power from the computer's DVI or VGA output.
Note: For custom EDID programming please call (800) 545-6900 for more details.
This product does NOT pass HDCP.
The included DVI cable does not support analog VGA.
- Quick and easy way to store EDID information from any DVI display
- Provides a virtual EDID to maintain active monitor status when switching away from a source
- Supports resolutions up to 1920x1200, 2K, and 3840x2400 (Dual Link)
- EDID write protection switch
- No power is required after initial programming
- Maximum Pixel Clock: 2x 165 MHz
- Video Input Connector: (1) DVI-I 29-pin, female
- Video Output Connector: (1) DVI-I 29-pin, female
- Operating temperature range: +5 to +45 deg. Celsius
- Power Supply: 5V DC (needed for programming only)
- Power Consumption: 5 Watts (max)
- Dimensions: 2.6" W x 1.8" D x 1.2" H
- Shipping Weight: 1 lb.
- (1) DVI Detective N
- (1) 1 ft. Dual-Link DVI Cable (M-M)
- (1) 5V DC Power Supply
- (1) User's Manual
Write Your Own Review