Gefen EXT-CAT5-1600HD KVM Extender
PA SKU # GEF EXTCAT51600HD MFR # EXT-CAT5-1600HD UPC # 845344068763
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Extends DVI-D & USB Devices to 200'
- Uses CAT5e/CAT6 Cables
- Resolutions Up to 1080p, 1920 x 1200
- Zero Signal Loss
- 4-port USB 2.0 Hub
- HDCP Compliant
- Rack Ears
Extends DVI with HDCP and USB 2.0 up to 200 Feet Away Over Two CAT-6a Cables at Resolutions Reaching 1920 x 1200Extends DVI and USB 2.0 up to 200 feet (60 meters) over two CAT-6a* cables
Extend DVI and USB 2.0 peripherals with the Gefen CAT5-1600HD KVM extender. It will send a single-link DVI video signal plus USB 2.0 over two(2) CAT-6a cables at distances of up to 200 feet (60m) at 1920x1200@60Hz, or up to 150 feet (45m) using CAT5e cables.
The unit includes a built-in 4-port USB 2.0 hub located on the Receiver unit, providing complete computer access control at the remote location.
*CAT-5 or 5e cable can be used to extend up to 150 feet (45 meters)at 1920 x 1200 @60Hz. CAT-5 cable is sufficient for USB link. Shielded cables are optional.
How It Works
Connect the host computer's DVI and USB ports to the Sender unit. Connect the remote display and computer peripherals to the Receiver unit. Two CAT-6a (or CAT-5e) cables (for the DVI and for the USB 2.0) extensions connect the Sender and the Receiver units together. Power up the units, and a crisp picture will appear on the display.
Note: The Gefen CAT5-1600HD is HDCP compliant, enabling the viewing of protected content on the remote extended display.
The Gefen CAT5-1600HD supports digital DVI-D only, not analog DVI-A. Sources and connecting cables must be DVI-D compatible. USB 1.1 is also supported.
- Extends DVI up to 200 feet (60 meters) using two CAT-6a cables
- Extends DVI up to 150 feet (45 meters) using CAT-5 cable
- Supports resolutions up to 1920 X 1200
- USB 2.0 extension of 200 feet (60 meters) or more using CAT-5 cable
- Supports USB 2.0 at up to 480 Mbps transfer rate
- Backward-compatible with USB 1.1 devices
- HDCP Pass-through
- Locking power supply
- Video Amplifier Bandwith: 165 MHz
- Input Video Signal: 1.2V p-p
- Input DDC Signal: 5V p-p (TTL)
- Video Input Connector (Sender): (1) DVI-I 29 pin, female (digital only)
- Video Output Connector (Receiver): (1) DVI-I 29 pin, female (digital only)
- Link Connectors (Sender / Receiver): (2) RJ-45, Shielded
- USB Host Connector (Sender): (1) USB Type B, female
- USB Device Connectors Receiver): (4) USB Type A, female
- Power Supplies: (2) 5V DC, Locking
- Power Consumption: 20W (max.) per unit
- Dimensions (Sender / Receiver): 17" W x 4.5" D x 1.75" H
- Rack Size: 1U (rack ears included)
- Shipping Weight: 7 lbs.
- (1) CAT5-1600HD - Sender unit (EXT-CAT5-1600HDS)
- (1) CAT5-1600HD - Receiver unit (EXT-CAT5-1600HSR)
- (1) 6 ft. Dual-Link DVI Cable (M-M) (CAB-DVIC-DLN-06MM)
- (1) 6 ft. USB Cable (A-B) (CAB-USB-6)
- (2) 5V DC Locking Power Supplies (EXT-PS54AULPN)
- (2) AC Power Cords (CAB-POWERCORD-XX)
- (1) Quick-Start Guide (QSG-CAT5-1600HD)
Write Your Own Review