- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- 2x 5" Flax Cone Woofers
- M-Shaped Aluminum/Magnesium Tweeter
- Dual 8" Passive Radiators
- 40 Hz to 35 kHz Frequency Response
- 110.5 dB Maximum SPL
- 2x 80W + 50W Class-AB Amplification
- XLR & RCA Inputs
- Treble & Bass Controls
- 45/60/90Hz Adjustable High-Pass Filter
- Universal Power Supply
4" Active 2.5-Way Near-Field Studio Monitor Speaker
This standard bearer of the Shape series features two passive radiators, woofers equipped with a new Flax cone, and the latest "M"-shaped Aluminium/Magnesium inverted dome tweeter. Perfect weapon of mass production for professionals.
Shape Twin is made in France, just like Shape 40, 50 and 65. Designed to meet the needs of nearfield monitoring, these monitors combine an ingenuous design and numerous settings optimised for the acoustics of small listening rooms. Shape Twin stands out through its excellent rendering over the whole audio spectrum, its broad frequency response in the low end, and its high SPL considering its size. The compact design makes it easy to integrate even into the most cramped of rooms. Finally, its 2.5-way design gives it a real advantage when it comes to controlling the bass and lower mid-range registers which are the hardest to control in small rooms.
Shape Twin's five innovations present a remarkable tonal balance, with very wide and precise stereo imaging. The low frequencies are well defined as well as controlled. The low-mid and mid ranges provide a true neutral sound.
FLAX SANDWICH CONE
Recent technology has proven to be a considerable improvement, in terms of weight, rigidity and damping.
The magnetic field is very difficult to control in order to avoid distortions. Our research enabled us to come up with an extremely stable magnetic circuit: Neutral Inductance Circuit technology.
This technology provides a linear frequency response curve between 1 and 2kHz, while significantly reducing distortion in the same range. The mid-range register benefits from remarkable neutrality, and it contributes to the great precision of the overall stereo image.
- Tweeter with very low directivity for a flexible listening position
- Designed without a port, but with a double passive radiator, allowing it to be placed near a wall.
- Numerous settings for optimal integration
- Accurate control, even in the very high end
- Flax sandwich cone: controlled and well defined bass, natural and detailed lower mid-range and upper mid-range ranges.
- Mounting mechanisms present on the back and underneath the loudspeaker: for installing on a table stand, a microphone stand, the ceiling or a wall (mounting accessories not supplied).