- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- Flax Sandwich Cone Woofer: 4.0"
- Aluminum/Magnesium Inverted Dome Tweeter
- Dual Passive Radiators: 4.0"
- Frequency Response: 60 Hz to 35 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 102 dB
- 50W Class-AB Amplification
- XLR and RCA Inputs
- Treble, Bass, and Midrange Controls
- Adjustable High-Pass Filter: 80 Hz
- Universal Power Supply
4" Active Two-Way Near-Field Studio Monitor Speaker
Shape 40 is the most compact studio monitor in the Focal Professional line, and the perfect solution for nearfield monitoring. These monitors can be used from 23" away (60cm), and they have astonishingly extended low end frequency response. Whether you have a room of less than 107ft2 (10m2), or an installation where compactness is paramount, Shape 40 is the perfect solution.
The three monitors are all made in France and integrate five innovations to maximise acoustic transparency. Designed to meet the needs of nearfield monitoring, Shape monitors combine an ingenuous design and numerous settings optimised for the acoustics of small listening rooms.
These innovations provide remarkable acoustic transparency. These new work tools distinguish themselves through the wide and extremely precise stereo image. The bass register is articulated and controlled. The lower mid-range and mid-range benefit from extreme neutrality, and without any masking effects, making equalisation of these essential registers much easier. Finally, the new tweeter is what's at the source of the very high definition. It efficiently reveals any hissing, and it's also very precise in the very high end.
- Tweeter with very low directivity for a flexible listening position
- Designed without a port, but with a double passive radiator, allowing it to be placed near a wall.
- Numerous settings for optimal integration
- Accurate control, even in the very high end
- Flax sandwich cone: controlled and articulated bass, natural and detailed lower mid-range and upper mid-range registers.
- Mounting mechanisms present on the back and underneath the loudspeaker: for installing on a table stand, a microphone stand, the ceiling or a wall (Mounting accessories not supplied).
- Low Frequency Driver:
Flax Cone: 4.0" / 101.6 mm
Passive Radiator: 2 x 4.0" / 101.6 mm
- High Frequency Driver: Aluminum-Magnesium: 1.0" / 25.0 mm 'M' profile
- LF Amplifier: Midrange and Low-Frequency Amplifier: 25 W, Class-AB
- HF Amplifier: High-Frequency Amplifier: 25 W, Class-AB
- Frequency Range: 60 Hz - 35 kHz (±3 dB)
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level (SPL): Maximum SPL (Musical Signal): 102 dB SPL (peak @ 1 m)
Balanced: 1 x XLR
Unbalanced: 1 x RCA
IEC Power Input: 1 x IEC
- Input Impedance:
XLR: 10 kOhms, balanced
RCA: 10 kOhms, unbalanced with sensitivity compensation
- Controls and Indicators:
High-Pass Filter: Adjustable full range/80 Hz
Bass (0-250 Hz): Adjustable, ±6 dB
Midrange/Bass (160 Hz, Q=1): Adjustable, ±3 dB
High (4.5-35 kHz): Adjustable, ±3 dB
Power On/Power Off: On/off switch on rear panel
Display: LED for power on/off and standby
- Auto Standby:
Standby On: After approximately 30 minutes with no signal
Standby Off: Signal detection > 3 mV
- Cabinet Construction:
Construction: 0.5" / 12 mm MDF
Finish: Vinyl, real walnut, and black painting
Universal switch power supply
100-120 VAC (T1.6AL / 250 V fuse)
220-240 VAC (T500mAL / 250 V fuse)
Standby Consumption: < 0.5 W
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 10.1 x 6.3 x 7.9" / 256.5 x 160.0 x 200.7 mm
- Weight: 16.1 lb / 7.3 kg