Earthworks 521 One Channel 500 Series ZDT Preamp
PA SKU # EW 521 MFR # 521 UPC # 827517317090
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- 500 Series Rack Module
- Single Channel
- Zero Distortion
- Solid-State, Transformerless
- Ultra-Low Noise Floor
- Ultra-Wide Bandwidth
500 Series ZDT Zero Distortion Microphone PreamplifierBased on the Earthworks ZDT Zero Distortion Preamplifiers technology designed by David Blackmer, the 521 brings the exacting standards of the Earthworks Zero Distortion Technology preamplifiers to the convenient 500 series format.
The solid state 521 features switchable phantom power, polarity invert, and peak amplitude clip detection, just as in the original 1021 single channel ZDT Preamp. The transformerless output stage of 521 ZDT easily drive long cable runs without loss of quality, making it ideal for long cable runs. Transparent gain is switchable from 5dB to 60dB in 5dB steps.
The Earthworks microphone preamplifier topology provides outstanding common mode rejection, excellent overload margin and an incredibly low noise floor, combined with the ultra wide bandwidth of the ZDT Preamps and distortion of less than 1 part per million. This exceptional level of performance is maintained over an extensive range of impedances applied to the input making the 521 suitable for practically any microphone - ribbon, dynamic or condenser.
- Clean, uncolored 500 series preamp
- Solid-state, transformerless
- Switchable 48V phantom power
- Polarity invert switch
- Peak amplitude clip detection
- Transparent gain switchable from 5dB to 60dB in 5dB steps
- Ultra-low noise floor
- Ultra-wide bandwidth
- Suitable for most ribbon, dynamic or condenser microphones
- Requires a 500 series rack
- Preamp Type: Solid State
- Number of Channels: 1
- Frequency Response: 2Hz to 100kHz +/-0.1dB, 1Hz to 200kHz +/-0.5dB
- Impulse Response: 1.4s
- Distortion: XLR out: less than 1ppm (0.0001%); 1/4" out: 0.001%
- Input Noise: 1.6nVHz1/2 at 20dB gain; 0.6nV/Hz1/2 at 60dB gain
- EIN: -132dBV at 20dB gain; -143dBV at 60dB gain
- Slew Rate: 22V/s
- Output DC Offset: +/-1 mV typical, servo balanced
- Input / Output Connector: 500 Series EDAC Edge connector
- XLR Input Impedance: 10KΩ phantom on, 100KΩ phantom off
- Front Panel Balanced Out: 1/4" TRS XLR Fem. balanced transformerless (variable)
- Dimensions: 1 500 series rack space 1.5" x 5.25" x 6"
- Weight: 0.8 lb. (0.36kg)
Write Your Own Review
More from Earthworks