PA SKU # CMN DT10 MFR # DT10
- Lifetime Tech Support
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
Order Now! We'll Ship It Fast! This item is currently out of stock. Most out of stock orders ship within just a few days (excluding weekends and holidays). We'll keep you up to date the whole way.
- Product Highlights
- Single Channel
- Battery or Phantom Powered
- Ground Lift Switch
- Switchable Pad
- Rugged Enclosure
The Type 10 DI box is the ideal counterpart to our classic Type 85, combining the exceptional ruggedness and versatility of the Type 85 with an advanced design that sets a new standard for pure performance.
Single Channel Active Direct Box
Most direct box designs must make difficult tradeoffs with your sound: ultra-low distortion can only be attained by increasing input noise; true ground isolation means high phase deviation or signal attenuation. The Type 10 takes a radically new approach, with an analog circuit that tunes itself to deliver your sound with the lowest distortion, lowest noise, and highest accuracy of any direct box. The result is a clean, precise sound that is completely faithful to the original.
The Type 10 achieves the highest SNR, lowest phase deviation, and lowest distortion of any DI. Some boxes achieve low distortion over a narrow range of frequencies and levels, but end up coloring the low frequencies and distorting loud signals. The Type 10 maintains exceptionally low THD and IMD across the entire audio band, and for a wide range of input voltages, rendering your sound with extremely high fidelity.
Like the Type 85, the Type 10 is armored inside and out, with a molded core wrapped in an extra thick architectural alumininum housing. The switches and connectors are fully recessed. The electronics are just as tough-both the Type 10 and the Type 85 shrug off static spikes and will survive with the input connected directly to 110V or 220V line voltage.
We understand that conditions on the road are not always ideal-noisy electrical systems, mix boards positioned across a stadium with low input impedance and low or no phantom power for your box. The Type 10 has rock solid isolation and is designed to drive any board across hundreds of feet of cable whether or not you have phantom power. That means that whatever environment you're in, your sound will be consistently great.
Pure and Simple
The legendary Type 85 achieves greatness partly through its simplicity: no unnecessary roll-off switches or EQ options. With the new Type 10, we kept it simple while adding some new features that we think can really help you on the road. Handle sizzling hot outputs from active keyboards using the -15 dB pad with virtually immeasurable distortion. Use the edge of a coin to access the battery. Check the battery voltage and monitor the quality of the phantom power with the flip of a switch.
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 50 kHz (+/- 1 dB)
- Deviation from Linear Phase: +2 (30 Hz), 0 (100 Hz - 20 kHz)
- Noise (shorted input, BW = 22 Hz - 20 kHz): 1.8 muVrms (-115 dBVrms)
- Distortion (1Vpp in, RL = 1.2 kΩ through 200' of XLR cable):
< 0.001% at 1 kHz
< 0.005% from 30 Hz to 20 kHz
< 0.005% (10 kHz/60 Hz, 4: 1)
- Power Options: 48V Phantom (1.5 mA), 9V
- Battery (4.8 mA, 130 hrs. on a typical alkaline)
- Input Protection: 220 Vrms and 20,000 V static discharges
- Transformer Isolation Voltage: > 500 V from instrument ground to XLR output pin 1
- Padding Settings: 0 dB, -15 dB, -30 dB
- RF Filtering: 1.5 MHz (input), 60 kHz (output) lowpass filters
- Maximum Input Level (1% THD):
6 Vpp (0 dB pad)
33 Vpp (-15 dB pad)
190 Vpp (-30 dB pad)
(Equal to 1,100 Watts into 4 Ohms)
- Input Resistance: 10 MΩ (0 dB pad), 10 kΩ (-15, -30 dB pad)
- Input Capacitance: 240 pF (equal to 3 ft of low-capacitance guitar cable)
- Output Polarity: Pin 2 positive
- Dimensions: 1.75 x 3 x 6 in (45 x 77 x 152 mm)
- Weight: 20.8 oz (.59 kg)
Write Your Own Review
More from Countryman