Zoom F1-LP Portable Field Recorder with Lavalier Microphone
- Lifetime Tech Support!
- 30 Day Returns!
- Best Seller!
- Ask a Question
- Product Highlights
- 2-Channel Audio
- Pre-Record Functionality
- Tone Generator
- Auto Lock
- No Chance of Overload
- USB Connectivity
- Runs on 2 AAA Batteries
- 10 Hours of Battery Life
2-Input / 2-Track Portable Field Recorder with Lavalier Microphone
Record clear, crisp dialog in a hurry for your next video shoot, interview, or vlog with the Zoom F1-LP, a 2-track portable field recorder with an onboard limiter and auto-level control providing distortion-free 24-bit audio, and a clip-on lavalier microphone for easy setup. Whereas other F-Series recorders such as the F4, F6, and F8n are centered around a sound bag–ready form factor, the F1-LP is tailored for belt-mount and pocket-friendly placement.
From the easy-to-read backlit display and simple one-touch controls to the long battery life, the F1-LP is properly equipped to serve you reliably, regardless of your audio background. Whether you need long-duration recording for a lecture, professional audio capture for an interview, or a space-saving setup for trade shows and special events, the F1-LP is ready to handle your crucial audio tasks.Plus, its operational simplicity ensures that the F1-LP will never get in the way of your workflow, be it simple, complex, or always changing. You can feel confident using it as your main recorder, a USB audio interface for your dedicated computer or iPad rig, or a backup unit for added safety.
Omnidirectional Lavalier Microphone
Attach the included lavalier microphone to your subject with the supplied mic clip, then connect its 3.5mm plug–equipped cable to the input of the F1-LP; the locking connection inhibits unintended disconnects. The microphone's omnidirectional polar pattern delivers consistent audio pickup from all directions, yielding dependable voice capture even as the subject turns their head or the microphone changes position.
Onboard Limiter and Auto-Level Prevent Clipping
The F1-LP utilizes an onboard limiter and automatic level control to provide protection against overloading the A/D converters. Record with confidence knowing that sudden volume spikes won't distort or clip your files.
Configurable Recording Settings
The F1-LP boasts a slew of recording resolutions to choose from—48 to 320 kb/s in MP3 format, or up to 24-bit / 96 kHz in uncompressed WAV format. Also, a pre-record function allows you to capture approximately two seconds of audio before you press the record button, and a low-cut filter attenuates rumble for cleaner voice recordings.
Record Direct to microSD Cards
Maximize portability by recording directly to a microSD/microSDHC card (available separately) for up to 32 GB of storage space. Select MP3 format if you really need extended time and minimal file size, or use the BWF-compliant WAV format for uncompressed audio quality and industry-standard file compatibility.
Audio Interface Functionality
Alternatively, use the F1-LP as an 2-in/2-out USB 2.0 audio interface at up to 16-bit / 48 kHz. Connect it to your computer or iPad, launch your preferred audio recording program, then enjoy the combination of the F1-LP's sonically solid front end, plus the familiarity and features of your favorite software.
Mic/Line Input with Plug-In Power
The F1-LP can accommodate mic- or line-level signals via its locking 3.5mm stereo mini-jack input. Since it supplies 2.5V plug-in power, you're free to use common condenser mics such as lavaliers, headsets, and earsets.
Zoom Mic Capsule Input
A proprietary 10-pin Zoom mic capsule input on the F1-LP accommodates Zoom's line of interchangeable capsules (available separately) in place of the standard mic/line input. With mid-side, X/Y, and shotgun mic capsules to choose from, you can be ready to record music, dialog, or sound effects without carting an external microphone setup. There's even the EXH-6 input capsule (available separately) if you need dual XLR-1/4" combo inputs.
Headphone/Line Output with Volume Control
A locking 3.5mm stereo output jack with a dedicated volume control enables straightforward routing to your camera, DSLR, secondary recorder, or headphones.
Power for Hours
To keep up with the pace of on-location production, the F1 can be powered via two included AAA batteries or a Zoom AD-17 power adapter (available separately). Even at 24-bit / 48 kHz, you get plenty of recording time—up to 17.5 hours with lithium batteries or up to 10 hours with alkaline batteries. All-day shoots are no problem for the F1-LP.
Multifunction Micro-USB Port
A micro-USB port on the F1-LP serves several functions. Connect it to a computer for convenient data exchange, or hook it up to an iOS device (or computer) to use the F1-LP as a miniature audio interface.
Highly Visible Display
Day or night, view vital information such as audio levels, recording time, battery status, and more on the 1.25" monochrome backlit LCD. Intuitive one-touch buttons provide fast, hassle-free operations.
Low Profile and Lightweight
With its minimal profile, the lightweight F1 attaches neatly on belts and waistbands, or can be slipped into a pocket so the recorder can be easily concealed.
Built-In Tone Generator
The F1-LP has a built-in tone generator for calibrating audio levels between the F1-LP and a DSLR or video camera without the need for an attenuator cable.
Sound Markers for Simple File Alignment
A sound marker function allows you to record reference tones that simplify audio and video file alignment between unsynchronized devices.
Auto Lock Inhibits Accidental Interruptions
The record hold function or hold switch can be used to prevent interruptions to the recording caused by accidental button presses.
- Two-channel audio recorder
- Compatible with Zoom microphone capsules
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- One-touch button controls
- 1.25" monochrome LCD display
- Rec Hold function to avoid accidental operation of buttons
- Stereo 1/8" Mic/Line In mini phone jack with Plug-in power (2.5V)
- Stereo 1/8" Phone/Line Output jack with dedicated volume control
- Built in limiter and auto level control to avoid clipping
- Pre-Record function
- Tone generator for calibrating audio levels between the F1 and a DSLR or video camera without the need for an attenuator cable
- Sound marker function that outputs quick tone to make syncing audio and video easy
- Records directly to micro SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Micro USB port for data exchange to and from computer and use as an audio interface with computer or iOS device
- Runs on only 2 standard AAA alkaline, Lithium, or NiMH rechargeable batteries, or AC adapter (AD-17)
- Up to 10 hours of operation with alkaline batteries (when using lavalier)
- *Camera not included
- Portable Recorder
- Number of Tracks: 2
- Max Sample Rate/Resolution: 96 kHz / 24-Bit
- Microphone: Interchangeable Omnidirectional Lavalier
- Built-In Speaker: No
- Display: Monochrome LCD (Backlit)
- Memory Card Support: microSD, microSDHC (Up to 32 GB)
- Internal Storage: None
- Audio File Formats: BWF, ID3v1, MP3, WAV
- Sample Rates: 44.1 / 48 / 96 kHz
- Bit Depth: 16/24-Bit
- Bit Rates: 48 to 320 kb/s
- Signal Processing: Auto Gain, Limiter, Low-Cut Filter
- Timecode: No
- Analog I/O:
1 x Proprietary 10-Pin Mic Capsule Input
1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Female Unbalanced Line/Mic Input (Lockable)
1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Female Unbalanced Headphone/Line Output (Lockable)
- Digital I/O: None
- Phantom Power: None
- Plug-In Power: Yes, 2.5 V
- Host Connection: 1 x Micro-USB (USB 2.0)
- Gain Range: -12 to +36 dB
- Headphone Output Power: 11 mW per Channel into 32 Ohms
- Impedance: Inputs: ≥2 kOhms
- Microphone Sensitivity: -32 dB/Pa
- Microphone Max SPL: 115 dB SPL
- Power Options: Batteries or AC/DC Power Adapter
- Battery Type: 2 x AAA (Included)
- Approximate Battery Life: 48 kHz/24-Bit:
10 Hours (Alkaline, Mono, Plug-In Power On)
9 Hours (NiMH, Mono, Plug-In Power On)
16 Hours (Lithium, Mono, Plug-In Power On)
- AC/DC Power Adapter: 5 VDC at 1 A (Not Included)
- Dimensions: 2.5 x 3.1 x 1.3" / 64.0 x 79.8 x 33.3 mm
- Weight: 4.2 oz / 120.0 g (Without Batteries)
- F1 Field Recorder
- LMF-1 Lavalier microphone
- WSL-1 Windscreen
- MCL-1 Mic clip
- BCF-1 Belt clip
- 2 AAA batteries
- Quick guide