The ProCo TradeTools MS82P Eight-Channel Mic Splitter splits the signals from each of eight low-impedance microphones (or similar sources) into two outputs, enabling two microphone preamplifiers to be fed from one source. Additionally, the MS82P features a phantom power buss to facilitate the powering of condenser microphones from an external power supply. This allows microphone patching without fear of transients due to the interruption of phantom power, often a problem when the console power supply is used.
The primary application for the MS82P is in large sound reinforcement systems, where the P.A. system microphones must also be fed to a stage monitor system, or a broadcast or remote recording mixer. In such complex systems, grounding problems can cause both unacceptable noise levels and severe shock hazards. Transformer isolation in such situations minimizes interference from EMI/RFI and ground loops. The transformer-isolated feeds retain the advantage of common-mode noise rejection inherent in the use of balanced lines.
The MS82P is fitted with Phoenix COMBICON plug-in screw connectors for MIC IN, DIRECT OUT, and ISO OUT so hookup requires only bare conductors and a screwdriver. The use of the ProCo MBT-1 transformer allows the MS82P to provide a floating, low-impedance output with wide, flat frequency response, ultra-low distortion, and minimal ringing or overshoot to degrade transient response. The transformer's double electrostatic shield and GND/LIFT switch provides isolation and buzz-free operation in virtually any environment.
The MS82P's rugged 16-gauge steel and aluminum "Uni-box" enclosure is finished in a durable black texture powder coat finish with black anodized aluminum side channels. Easy-to-read control graphics are incorporated into the Lexan front and back panel overlays. Inside, the specially designed transformers combine superb audio quality with unsurpassed noise rejection.
The MS82P can be mounted in any standard 19" (482.6mm) rack. Top quality connectors and switches provide trouble-free service even in abusive situations such as remote broadcast and recording operations. The rack-mounting design allows the user to assemble a conveniently packaged expandable splitting system that combines topquality audio performance and isolation with an economical price.
- Provides 2-way Split for Low Impedance Microphone
- 8 Splitter Channels in Single Rack Space
- Allows Assembly of Economical Expandable Splitting System
- Great for Musicians' Monitoring and Recording
- Phantom Power Buss for Powering Condenser Mics from an External Power Source
- Connects with Phoenix COMBICON Plug-in Screw Connectors
- High Quality Transformer-Isolated Output
- Rugged ProCo Uni-Box Construction Provides Protection and EMI/RMI Shielding
- All Connectors Accessible from Rear Panel
- Frequency Repsonse:
20 Hz - 20 kHz, ± .5% @ -15 dBv output.
-3 dB @ approximately 65 kHz.
- Total Harmonic Distortion:
<.03% 20 Hz - 20 kHz @ -30 dBv output.
<.1% 30 Hz - 20 kHz @ -15 dBv output.
<.25% 20 Hz - 20 kHz @ -15 dBv output.
- Phase Response: <-20 degrees @ 20 kHz (ref. 1.0 kHz).
- Rise Time: <4.5 microseconds (2.0 kHz square wave, 10%-90%).
- Voltage Loss: <1.0 dB @ 1.0 kHz.
- Input Impedance:
>1050 Ω @ 1.0 kHz.
>1080 Ω @ 10kHz.
Nominal source impedance is 150 Ω.
- Output Impedance:
<270 Ω @ 1.0 KHZ.
<300Ω @ 10 kHz.
Nominal output impedance is 1.0 kΩ.
- Maximum Input Level for 1% THD:
0 dBv @ 20 Hz.
+4 dBv @ 30 Hz.
+8 dBv @ 50 Hz.