The new Fostex HP-P1 is the World's first portable headphone amplifier with D/A converter which receives it's audio signal digitally from iPod/iPhone 30-pin dock connector. Featuring an ultra-high quality 32bit DAC and exclusively designed audiophile analogue circuitry, the sonic performance and fidelity of the headphone signal simply has to be experienced to be believed. The tone, the depth and the effective headroom is nothing short of stunning, giving the impression of almost limitless audio power reserves on tap at all times.
Add to this a 3-step gain control to accommodate all types of headphones, an in-built /PDIF Digital Out, twin digital filters and a rugged, yet cool, aluminum alloy chassis and you simply have the best portable headphone amp for your iPod / iPhone available.
Everything about the Fostex HP-P1 screams quality. - First up is the audio processing. Utilising 32bit AKM's AK4480 which features innovative on-chip symmetrical circuitry to avoid noise coupling, thus improving sound quality, coupled with 2 filters including a 32-bit minimum delay filter designed specifically for acoustic sounds the HP-P1 delivers exceptional sonic performance, allowing music to 'flow through' to your ears in an supremely natural way.
Then there's the build quality and the sheer beauty of the thing. Engineered from aircraft grade aluminium and built to exacting standards, the HP-P1 is a tactile delight to handle and operate.
Exclusive Carry Case Included
The HP-P1 comes complete with an exclusively designed carry case which can be clipped to a belt if desired. In addition, a 50mm Dock connector USB cable and a USB power cable (Type A to mini B) are also included.
- Digital connection from iPod/iPhone to HP-P1 via 30-pin dock connector
- High quality 32-bit DAC (AKM4480) and headphone amp for maximum sound quality
- Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (approx 7 hours)
- USB powered operation also available
- Hi/Mid/Low 3-step gain control on the headphone out drives all headphone types
- Auxiliary analog Line Input for other MP3 players
- S/PDIF Digital Out for professional recording
- Analog Line Out for connection to an analog amplifier or a recorder
- Unique Digital Filter - use regular filter or unique "minimum delay filter" without pre-echo
- Housed in a rigid aluminum alloy chassis
- Digital Input
- Connector: USB type A for Dock Connector iPod/iPhone connection
- Analog Input
- Connector: Stereo mini jack
- Maximum input: Approx. 3.0 Vrms
- Headphone Output
- Connector: Stereo mini
- Maximum output power: 80 mW + 80 mW
- Applicable load impedance: 16 ohms or more
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 0.3 dB (at 32 ohm load, 80 mW output power)
- Line Out
- Connector: Stereo mini
- Nominal output level: -10 dBV
- Digital Output
- Connector: Optical
- Format: S/PDIF format (IEC 60958-3)
- DC In
- Connector: USB Type mini B
- Power supply: Internal lithium-ion battery or USB
- Charging time: Approx. 5 hours (HP-P1 power at off)
- Continuous operating time: Approx. 7 hours (iPod/iPhone connected, headphone output, 32Ω, normal temperature)
- Accessories: 50mm Dock connector USB cable, USB power cable (Type A to mini B) Exclusive carrying case
- External dimensions: 75(W) x 25(H) x 130(D) mm
- Weight: Approx. 260 g